Resultat 1 till 5 av 5

Ämne: S 900 OG Engine Mounts

S 900 OG Engine Mounts

Hello;

I'm the owner of the only Spanish car that went to Trollhättan for the Saab Festival 2010, a green 900 92' T16s Cabrio.

I want to change the 3 engine Mounts, because 2 of them are worn, but I don´t know where exactly to buy them, because at Saab they have told me, that each costs 257 Eur, that's almost 2600 SEK.

I would like to find out who's the original OEM, and then go to him and buy the mounts directly, but I still don´t know. Anybody does ? Anybody knows about good engine mounts for the 900 Turbo ? I've heard that the Scan Tech ones aren´t good enough.

Best Regards and Thanks in advance.
    - 92' Saab 900 Turbo 16s Cab

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    sep 2004

Re: S 900 OG Engine Mounts

I saw your nice Convertible this summer in Trollhättan, very nice!

Regarding the enginemounts: Try www.partsforsaabs.com. They have them for good prices. I would guess they are retro-market. Not sure what you want to do with your engine, but Im sure also the Scantech ones will last a good while. Possibly the rubber could dry out in Spain quicker than in our climate, but keeping it fresh on regular basis should prevent it. In all fairness, the original Saab ones are for sure on the shelf since the 1990s, so possibly they are also not 100% anymore. (I recently bought new original door rubber-trim for a C900, and they were even shorter now brand new then the old ones on the car, after laying so many years on the shelf and actually shrinking!!! I paid a lot, but had no use for them, they were 10 cms too short!)

Ive bought from partsforsaabs a lot, no problem what so ever. They will ship nicely also to spain.

Good luck! /Turbocab, owner of a TurboS cab in yellow, it was also on the Festival.
    MEDLEM 7032.

Thanks for you answer TurboCab. I also enjoyed a lot looking at your little collection !

I will try the aftermarket ones, but do you know if they are filled with oil, or are they solid rubber ?

Regards

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    sep 2004

There are two types, standard rubber and Hydralic ones for T16 Turbo engines! So make sure to get the proper type.

Here you have them all. You can choose from Aftermarket or Saab Genuine. The 4 bottom ones are Hydralic ones for T16. One each Original and Aftermarket (note the price difference!!), for Front as well as LH/RH side.

http://www.partsforsaabs.com/default.ph ... 05_119_303

Dont focus too much on the pictures, I think they show only the aftermarket ones and not the original ones. But Function should be identical.
    MEDLEM 7032.

Finally I don´t have followed your advice, and I have bought A "Corteco" front engine mount hydraulic. (I don´t have $$ to change them at the same time)

http://www.corteco.com/

It's an enterprise that handles with isolation systems for cars, and it seems to have nice quality. When I have mounted it, I will post the experience.

Regards

Liknande ämnen

1. Check engine
    Av Mulle9-5 i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 3
    Senaste inlägg: 2010-07-28, 22:21
  2. Check Engine
    Av Eric_ i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 4
    Senaste inlägg: 2005-05-02, 11:36

Behörigheter för att posta