Resultat 1 till 5 av 5

Ämne: Upgrading 9-3 SS SID 1 -> SID 2?

Upgrading 9-3 SS SID 1 -> SID 2?

Hello!

Because my Swedish is not so good, I decided to write here.

I ordered my 9-3 SS with SID 1. After my order I realized that Sweden and Finland are the only European countries, which are selling SID 1 and SID 2. All other European countries (for example Norway, UK) are only selling one single SID.

A friend of mine took a look at 9-3 SS' EPC, where it says that 9-3 SS' SID has only one spare part number, so there are no separate SID1 or SID2 displays which can be ordered from Saab.

Because of what my friend told me, I started to think that maybe there is a way to upgrade SID 1 to SID 2.

When I asked about this matter from the guy at Saab garage, he said that in his opinion it's 99% sure that SID 1 cannot be upgraded to SID 2 because the characteristics of SID is in the software of the car and not in the display (like it is in the SIDs of NG900, OG9-3 and 9-5). He said that he will ask about this matter from Saab.

In Finland you have to pay 800 € extra for SID 2 and therefore I would now like to ask that does anybody know if there's a way of upgrading SID 1 to SID 2 afterwards?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
    Turbo Sensonic
    NG900 S Turbo Sensonic & Maptun steg 4 1997
    9-3 SS 1.8i Linear Business 2005

I got the answer: 9-3 Sport Sedan's SID1 can be upgraded to SID2 very easily

Steg 3
    Reg.datum
    feb 2005
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av Turbo Sensonic

What is the difference between the two?

Steg 2
    Reg.datum
    feb 2004
    OK, please let us know how

Citat Ursprungligen postat av jimel
    OK, please let us know how
    It's just a software change. The guy at the Saab garage downloaded SID2 software from the internet and placed in the SID with the Tech 2 (if I remember correctly, might also have been ISAT?). After that the SID of my Sport Sedan was working like SID2. Very easy and cheap. If you'd buy SID2 as a special accessory when you're buying a Sport Sedan, that would cost a lot of money. Updating it afterwards doesn't cost so much. As a matter of fact they did it for free (by mistake)

Things like cruise and SID2 can be added afterwards and they won't cost as much money as they would if you'd buy them as an accessory when you're buying a Sport Sedan. Sweden and Finland seem to be only countries which are selling SID1 and SID2 separately. All the other countries are just selling SID (=SID2).

Liknande ämnen

1. Upgrading the 2.8t
    Av Arabian i forum International SAAB related talk
    Svar: 0
    Senaste inlägg: 2008-10-04, 12:22
  2. Hirsch upgrading in Sweden
    Av maikel i forum International SAAB related talk
    Svar: 6
    Senaste inlägg: 2007-05-12, 00:24

Behörigheter för att posta