Resultat 1 till 8 av 8

Ämne: Canadian Saab brother.....some questions....

Canadian Saab brother.....some questions....

Well... I've decided to see how you guys on the other side of the ocean look after your Saabs!!!

I've heard that this website is like a Saab bible - an answer to every question.

Well.... I am hopeful that some one can help me with some of my questions...

1) Who are the main tuners in Sweden? Nordic? SQR? Speedparts? Maptun? Others?

2) I have a modified 1995 Saab 9000 5-speed - only running 380 bhp... sorry.... not like some of you guys in Sweden that have 580 bhp. I was wondering what I could do to strengthen my transmission.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated - even if the thoughts are in Swedish... I will do my best to translate.

Thanks so much

Steg 5 Mackans avatar
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Medlem#

Re: Canadian Saab brother.....some questions....

Citat Ursprungligen postat av smeter
    Well... I've decided to see how you guys on the other side of the ocean look after your Saabs!!!

I've heard that this website is like a Saab bible - an answer to every question.

Well.... I am hopeful that some one can help me with some of my questions...

1) Who are the main tuners in Sweden? Nordic? SQR? Speedparts? Maptun? Others?

2) I have a modified 1995 Saab 9000 5-speed - only running 380 bhp... sorry.... not like some of you guys in Sweden that have 580 bhp. I was wondering what I could do to strengthen my transmission.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated - even if the thoughts are in Swedish... I will do my best to translate.

Thanks so much
    SQR is now the same company as Trollspeed but otherwise you have already found the main suppliers of software for our Saabs

There are 2 or 3 companies that can do some strengthening of your gearbox, what they do is first to upgrade everything to the latest parts from 9-5, changing all the worn down bearings and so on.
    They also mount a metal tube somewhere in the gearbox(don't know where, big secret ). Webpages to these companies:
    http://www.xn--kpslp-jra6j.nu/
    http://www.ebb.se/

I heard that Mr X on the forum also does these kind of jobs.

The best thing you could do (if you have the money) is to buy the strengthend quife gearset from maptun, have a look af www.maptun.com !
    ///Mackanized
    Tillbaka

RE: Canadian questions

Mackan, tack själv till deras svara! Pretty good swedish huh??

Steg 5 Mackans avatar
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Medlem#

Re: RE: Canadian questions

You're welcome, or should I say det var så lite så
    ///Mackanized
    Tillbaka

Racecrew
    Reg.datum
    jul 2005
    Medlem#
    Also www.racestuff.se have reinforced gearboxes and gearkits.

Citat Ursprungligen postat av NocaL
    Also www.racestuff.se have reinforced gearboxes and gearkits.
    Ive got a gearbox from racestuff on my car. And it really kicks ass.
    9-3 aero 2001

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    apr 2006
    What about a quaife atb? Genuinesaab sells those. Alot cheaper compared to the maptun gears (evidentially). And if you manage to tear the tranny apart with that one, go ahead and get the gear kit. Start in the "cheap" end for christ's sake
    A quaife gear kit and a quaife atb will make the tranny pretty much indestructible.
    ng900 2.0t -97 Projektet - 393hk/517nm - Bilen som äääntligen går som sig bör!
    Bilen på Garaget

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    jul 2003
    Medlem#

Re: RE: Canadian questions

Actually, the sentence has a few flaws but great effort! I take it you're interested in languages, so I thought I'd step in since I'm just like that too.

Your little phrase more or less reads "Mackan, thank you back to their [to answer]".

"tack själv" does mean "thank you", but with amphasis on "you"; as in an answer to a previous thank you. "thank you, smeter" "no, thank YOU sir!".

"svara". the suffix -a, in this case, is the infinite form of the verb "to answer". The noun form... "an answer"... has no suffix and thus becomes "svar".

"Mackan, tack för ditt svar!" would have been a better way to say it.

Good luck with this quirky and not very obvious-to-learn language!

/Magnus
    ---------------------------------
    9-3 cabrio '99

Liknande ämnen

1. Big Brother I Trollhättan. De gör ett eget...
    Av MrTurbo i forum Tidsfördriv
    Svar: 0
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-03-05, 21:12
  2. navigating forum.saabturboclub.com......some questions...
    Av smeter i forum International SAAB related talk
    Svar: 9
    Senaste inlägg: 2008-08-24, 17:40
  3. questions for Saabgurus
    Av dadasaab i forum International SAAB related talk
    Svar: 7
    Senaste inlägg: 2007-07-15, 21:48

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg