Sidan 1 av 2 12 SistaSista
Resultat 1 till 20 av 34

Ämne: hjälpa mig with svenska translation???

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jul 2007

hjälpa mig with svenska translation???

hej hej
    I've been trying to learn swedish,it is still difficult for me but I'm slowly picking it up.It is difficult to get the correct translation sometimes when there are many different meanings of a particular word.

I have tried to translate a short article which is here:
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...i/scan0059.jpg

I would highly appreciate any pointers and tips for things I've messed up or gotten wrong...tacksam o tusen tack!

Stig med servo!
    En annan nyhet på Saab-sidan är att Stig Blomqvist snart kommer med servostyrning både i rally och rallycross.Roger Johansson har ju i år provat ut servostyrning i rallycross och fått allt att fungera.Premiär för Stigs del med servostyrning blir det i Svenska Rallyt.
    =
    The other news about Saab is that Stig Blomqvist will soon get power-steering both in rally and rallycross.Roger Johansson has tried out power-steering last year in rallycross and got it all working.The Premier for Stigs part will be in the Swedish Rally.
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    Vi har länge diskuterat om det inte är dags att prova servostyrning,säger Börje Jarl,ansvarig för den tekniska utvecklingen på Saabs tävlingsavdelning.Men hittills har vi varit begränsade av att de servostyrningar som funnits inte varit tillräckligt reaktionssnabba.Det problemet är nu borta.Den nya servon till 900:an är otroligt snabb och har mycket hög precision.
    =
    We have long discussed about it but have not had time to test power-steering,said Börje Jarl,responsible for the technical development of Saabs competition department.But until now we have been limited to power-steering which is not of sufficiently quick reaction.The problem is now gone.The new servo to 900:model is unbelievably quick and has great high precision.
    Servostyrningen för Saab innebär inte bara att bilen blir mer lättstyrd.Nu kan stallet också börja vidareutveckla chassiet.Man kan t ex använda väsenligt bredare däck.
    =
    Power-steering for Saab does not involve just the cars becoming more easy steering,now it is stable enough to also commence developing the chassis.One can use important wider tires.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Jag har hittills gjort en hel del prov med servo,säger Stig Blomqvist.Resultaten är förbluffande.Bara genom att lägga på bredare däck kan jag åka mer än en sekund fortare per kilometer,vilket i t ex RAC+rallyt skulle innebära drygt 10 minuter kortare körtid på sträckorna.Dessutom blir precisionen bättre än tidigare och jag blir inte trött på långsträckorna.
    =
    I have so far done the whole trial part with servo,says Stig Blomqvist.The results are amazing.Just through putting on wider tires I can drive more than one second quicker per kilometer,which in Rac-rally would mean more than 10 minutes shorter drivetime on the stages.In addition to being of better precision than earlier, I do not get tired on long stages.
    Det Saab främst kommer att utveckla under året är just vägegenskaperna.Motor och växellåda anser man vara nog utprovade idag.Turbomotorn ger nu 270 hästkrafter och ett vridmoment på 37 kpm.
    =
    Mainly during this year,Saab will be developing the road-handling.The motor and gearbox are considered to be improved enough today,the turbo-motor now gives 270 horsepower and the torque is at 37 kpm.
    __________________________________________________ __________

I know I probably got some things wrong,any tips and corrections will be very helpful!!!

Also,you can look at all the magazine pages I've scanned here:
    http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z...usi/?start=all

Helt original
    Reg.datum
    maj 2004

Re: hjälpa mig with svenska translation???

Citat Ursprungligen postat av dadasaab
    hej hej
    I've been trying to learn swedish,it is still difficult for me but I'm slowly picking it up.It is difficult to get the correct translation sometimes when there are many different meanings of a particular word.

I would highly appreciate any pointers and tips for things I've messed up or gotten wrong...tacksam o tusen tack!

Stig med servo!
    En annan nyhet på Saab-sidan är att Stig Blomqvist snart kommer med servostyrning både i rally och rallycross.Roger Johansson har ju i år provat ut servostyrning i rallycross och fått allt att fungera.Premiär för Stigs del med servostyrning blir det i Svenska Rallyt.
    =
    The other news about Saab is that Stig Blomqvist will soon get power-steering both in rally and rallycross.Roger Johansson has tried out power-steering last year in rallycross and got it all working.The Premier for Stigs part will be in the Swedish Rally.
    Vi har länge diskuterat om det inte är dags att prova servostyrning,säger Börje Jarl,ansvarig för den tekniska utvecklingen på Saabs tävlingsavdelning.Men hittills har vi varit begränsade av att de servostyrningar som funnits inte varit tillräckligt reaktionssnabba.Det problemet är nu borta.Den nya servon till 900:an är otroligt snabb och har mycket hög precision.
    =
    We have long discussed (if its not) time to test power-steering,said Börje Jarl,responsible for the technical development of Saabs competition department.But until now we have been limited to power-steering which is not of sufficiently quick reaction.The problem is now gone.The new servo to 900:model is unbelievably quick and has great high precision.
    Servostyrningen för Saab innebär inte bara att bilen blir mer lättstyrd.Nu kan stallet också börja vidareutveckla chassiet.Man kan t ex använda väsenligt bredare däck.
    =
    Power-steering for Saab does not involve just the cars becoming more easy steering,now it is stable enough to also commence developing the chassis.One can use important wider tires.
    Jag har hittills gjort en hel del prov med servo,säger Stig Blomqvist.Resultaten är förbluffande.Bara genom att lägga på bredare däck kan jag åka mer än en sekund fortare per kilometer,vilket i t ex RAC+rallyt skulle innebära drygt 10 minuter kortare körtid på sträckorna.Dessutom blir precisionen bättre än tidigare och jag blir inte trött på långsträckorna.
    =
    I have so far done the whole trial part with servo,says Stig Blomqvist.The results are amazing.Just through putting on wider tires I can drive more than one second quicker per kilometer,which in Rac-rally would mean more than 10 minutes shorter drivetime on the stages.In addition to being of better precision than earlier, I do not get tired on long stages.
    Det Saab främst kommer att utveckla under året är just vägegenskaperna.Motor och växellåda anser man vara nog utprovade idag.Turbomotorn ger nu 270 hästkrafter och ett vridmoment på 37 kpm.
    =
    Mainly during this year,Saab will be developing the road-handling.The motor and gearbox are considered to be (tested) enough today,the turbo-motor now gives 270 horsepower and the torque is at 37 kpm.

I know I probably got some things wrong,any tips and corrections will be very helpful!!!

Hi, mainly it looks realy good your translation, i made som hints about somethings, but i couldnt find the right words in english, but you can correct them too better ones.

Mvh Jakob
    Og 900 t16 88:a http://www.garaget.org/?car=18569
    Og 900i 88:a
    Toyota supra 95:a twin turbo 6 vxl

Helt original
    Reg.datum
    feb 2006

hej hej
    =
    The power-steering for Saab does not just mean that the car is becoming more easy to steer, now the team is able to start further develope the chassi. They can for exampel now use far more wider tires.
    That´s the only part that i could find that was "wrong enough" to change.

Steg 3
    Reg.datum
    dec 2004

Stig med servo!
    =
    =
    We have for a long time discussed about testing power-steering,said Börje Jarl,responsible for the technical development of Saabs competition department.But until now we have been limited by power-steering which has not reacted fast enough.That problem is now gone.The new servo to the 900:model is unbelievably quick and is very responsive.
    =
    Power-steering for Saab does not only involve the cars becoming more easily steered,now it is stable enough to enhance the chassis.One can also use substantially wider tires.
    =
    I have so far done the whole trial part with servo,says Stig Blomqvist.The results are amazing.Just through putting on wider tires I can drive more than one second quicker per kilometer,which in Rac-rally would mean more than 10 minutes shorter drivetime on the stages.In addition the precision will be better than earlier and I won't get tired on the longer stages.
    =
    Mainly during this year,Saab will be developing the road-handling.The engine and gearbox are considered to be improved enough, at this point the turbo charged engine delivers 270 horsepower and the torque is at 37 kpm.
    We should all wait for Mr KK to enter the tread, if he hasn't already dominated during the time I wrote this and made some corrections. Do you want some further explanation to my corrections?
    MVH ErikR
    Min enda bil
    "Åsikter är som rövar. Alla har en och alla tycker att den andres stinker."

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    jul 2003
    Medlem#

hej hej

Stig med servo!
    =
    Another piece of Saab-related news is that Stig Blomqvist will soon appear with power-steering both in rally and rallycross.Roger Johansson has, as we know, tried out power-steering this year in rallycross and got it all working.The Power steering debut as far as Stig is concerned will be in the Swedish Rally.
    =
    We have long discussed whether or not it would be time to test power-steering,says Börje Jarl,head of technical development at Saab's competition department. But until now we have been limited by the fact that existing power steering units haven't been responsive enough.That problem is now gone.The new servo for the 900:model is unbelievably quick and features very high precision.
    =
    The Saab power steering doesn't only make the car easier to steer. Now the team can also start developing the chassis. For instance, it's possible to use substantially wider tires.__________________________________________________ ____________
    =
    I have so far done a fair bit of testing with power steering,says Stig Blomqvist.The results are amazing.Just through putting on wider tires I can drive more than one second quicker per kilometer,which in the RAC rally would mean more than 10 minutes quicker driving time on the stages. Plus, precision improves compared to before, and I do not get tired on long stages.
    =
    The main thing that Saab will be developing this year is the road-handling. The motor and gearbox are considered to be tried and true enough today. The turbo-motor now gives 270 horsepower and the torque is at 37 kpm.

No offense now, but I just have to ask: You say that you live in the US, but are you really a native AM-E speaker? I ask because using words such as "motor", "drivetime", "power-steering" (with a dash), "road-handling" and "gearbox" certainly doesn't suggest that the writer is American... just curious!
    ---------------------------------
    9-3 cabrio '99

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jul 2007
    Excellent!
    Thanks everyone for your assistance,it's given me a bit of insight about the process of translation.It's quite difficult to get things just right and some things simply cannot be translated at all unless one is fluent in both languages---not just the technical aspect,but also the colloquial everyday speech along with cultural considerations.

I still have to use my ordbok quite frequently and I'm learning new words constantly.My grasp of Swedish grammar is wicked shitty to say the least . Sometimes even the smallest words give me big problems,like "på,av,till,det" and such,which simple meanings seem to shift according to specific contexts...

A few questions...
    The word vidareutveckla I had a problem with,so it is vidare + utveckla = further develop?

t ex = for example...that's good to know,I thought it was a misprint or something!

stallet=team...I now understand how this word can mean team,is that the usual word one uses to mean 'the team'?

vägegenskaperna...I was guessing what this meant---is road-handling accurate? Quality of road-handling?

Now thanks to the help here from you guys, it has become a refined translation and I've learned quite a few things myself!
    Thanks to all!!!!

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jul 2007

Citat Ursprungligen postat av enor
    No offense now, but I just have to ask: You say that you live in the US, but are you really a native AM-E speaker? I ask because using words such as "motor", "drivetime", "power-steering" (with a dash), "road-handling" and "gearbox" certainly doesn't suggest that the writer is American... just curious!
    Hellfire damnstraight man,I done been comin' up down 'ere inna Deep South whar we slap tha cat 'n spit on tha fire! Yeah,I grew up in Georgia and speak with a distinct southern drawl...here people still say motor,as in "big 'ol motor" or "what motor ya runnin'?"...gearbox is a better word to use because it more specifies we're talking about a manual transmission...

But I do deviate quite a bit from designated AM-E tendencies,I'm a big fan of e.e. cummings + James Joyce + Öyvind Falstrom + other such unorthodox writers which creeps into my keypunchings...along with a healthy diet of British car magazines 'cause they seem to have the goods...

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    jul 2003
    Medlem#
    A few questions...
    The word vidareutveckla I had a problem with,so it is vidare + utveckla = further develop?
    Correct!

t ex = for example...that's good to know,I thought it was a misprint or something!
    t ex (more often written t. ex.) is short for "till exempel", "for example".

stallet=team...I now understand how this word can mean team,is that the usual word one uses to mean 'the team'?
    In racing, yes, when used in a sense to include the mechanics, technical crew etc. "Stallet" actually means "the stable".

vägegenskaperna...I was guessing what this meant---is road-handling accurate? Quality of road-handling?
    "vägegenskaper" would be most correctly translated into "handling", plain and simple.
    9-3 cabrio '99

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    sep 2004
    "vägegenskaper" would be most correctly translated into "handling", plain and simple.
    Sure, but don't forget that the word "handling" can be used for other things, so he dont use our word "vägegenskaper" everywhere he can put "handling"

So I think you (dadasaab) were right. vägegenskaper is road-handling. But if it's used in implicit terms we just use handling

vägegenskaper -> väg+egenskaper -> road+handling
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av Snabbe@STCS
    Köp torktumlaren istället! Varför köpa en ful fälg bara för den är billig?

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    jul 2003
    Medlem#
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av Rodder76
    don't forget that the word "handling" can be used for other things, so he dont use our word "vägegenskaper" everywhere he can put "handling"

So I think you (dadasaab) were right. vägegenskaper is road-handling. But if it's used in implicit terms we just use handling

Well then, as long as we're picking nits: *smiles*

"egenskaper" doesn't translate to "handling" in a general sense, either. So to say that "väg + egenskaper" equals "road + handling" isn't really a good explanation either.

The best exclusive translation of "egenskaper" would be "properties". But the term "road properties" isn't a really good word, because it's a really strange term that isn't very specific, plus it sounds like we're discussing the state of the road, rather than the car!

Interestingly though, this actually makes "road properties" an excellent translation of the term "vägegenskaper" because strictly looking at the swedish word, the exact same confusion sets in. The swedish word, too, sort of implies that we're talking about the road, not the car.

My point? Well. I just want to clarify that this is one of the rare cases where it doesn't make sense to translate the word literally. It's a lot better to translate "vägegenskaper" into "handling", because it suddenly all becomes understandable. And, it's not a good idea to use "handling" as a translation of "egenskaper" either.
    9-3 cabrio '99

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    jul 2003
    Medlem#
    The more I think about this, the more I feel that it might not capture the sense of the word "vidareutveckla". Sometimes, in Swedish, combining two words into one makes the meaning more "grave" or "intense" than if you would use the same two words as a phrase (separated by a space.) Like so:

utveckla -> develop
    vidare utveckla -> further develop
    vidareutveckla -> refine (or not quite, but at least to keep on developing, but with the sense of a very specific goal in mind)

"Vidareutveckla" sort of becomes a totally different word altogether. In speech, this is accentuated by the fact that the "e" in the middle of "vidareutveckla" goes silent when the two words are merged... and thus it's pronounced "vidarutveckla". If you would say "vidare utveckla" though, you would probably even make an extra long pause between the two words, to make it clear what you mean.
    9-3 cabrio '99

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jul 2007
    You guys are great!
    It's amazing to me how many Swedes have such good command of the English language,I know y'all are taught English in the schools but I'm sure you guys don't use it on a daily basis---this makes it even more impressive that it can be remembered and utilized so well.For the most part,I've only been trying to read & write (attempting translation is a great exercise),but the spoken language is a completely different matter! I'm glad I found this interesting site about different dialects in Sweden,it's not often that I find a nice long recording of a native speaker but also comes with a transcription...
    http://swedia.ling.gu.se/

I think my main problem is trying to be too literal when translating from the original.Attempting to stay "true" to the original is perhaps a stumbling block,I should not be afraid to substitute certain words if it all comes out more sensible to an English reader

t. ex. precis lagom...does "exactly right" give the full meaning?

I have troubles with om because at first I always want to make it mean "if",but it can also mean "about,around,of"...so sakta men säkert I'm trying to pick up clues to put things in the proper context,it takes me much tankearbete,but it is very rewarding in the end when I gain some understanding.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jul 2007
    The more I think about this, the more I feel that it might not capture the sense of the word "vidareutveckla". Sometimes, in Swedish, combining two words into one makes the meaning more "grave" or "intense" than if you would use the same two words as a phrase (separated by a space.) Like so:

utveckla -> develop
    vidareutveckla -> refine (or not quite, but at least to keep on developing, but with the sense of a very specific goal in mind)

"Vidareutveckla" sort of becomes a totally different word altogether. In speech, this is accentuated by the fact that the "e" in the middle of "vidareutveckla" goes silent when the two words are merged... and thus it's pronounced "vidarutveckla". If you would say "vidare utveckla" though, you would probably even make an extra long pause between the two words, to make it clear what you mean.
    Tackar!
    That's quite illuminating how you broke it down.One of the greatest things I admire about the Swedish language is precisely a word like vidareutveckla,how it can have a very specific and complex meaning.It seems in Swedish there are many words like this that correlate a precise definition of a thought or action,whereas in English to be able to describe such a thing would take multiple words.

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    jul 2003
    Medlem#
    I have troubles with om because at first I always want to make it mean "if",but it can also mean "about,around,of"...so sakta men säkert I'm trying to pick up clues to put things in the proper context,it takes me much tankearbete,but it is very rewarding in the end when I gain some understanding.
    Your confusion is understandable, since the two "om"s actually aren't even the same word, strictly speaking. The "om" that means "about, around" is actually a shortened-down version of the word "omkring", while the other "om" ("if") is just... "om".
    9-3 cabrio '99

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    jul 2003
    Medlem#
    One of the greatest things I admire about the Swedish language is precisely a word like vidareutveckla,how it can have a very specific and complex meaning.It seems in Swedish there are many words like this that correlate a precise definition of a thought or action,whereas in English to be able to describe such a thing would take multiple words.
    Yes. Looking at it from our angle, it's an increasing cause of grief. People read so much English text these days that they have started to break up words into their smaller parts in everyday writing, just like they would in English. The phenomenon is known as "särskrivning" ("apart-writing"). Not only does it look really ugly and makes the writer come across as ignorant, it can also make phrases take on very different meanings. Like:

"Extrapris" ("sale") becomes "extra pris" which makes it seem like there's an extra fee today

"Vår kassapersonal" ("our cashier staff") becomes "vår kassa personal" ("our good-for-nothing staff")

"sjönära tomt" ("lakeside property") becomes "sjö nära tomt" ("lake close to property")

and so on...
    9-3 cabrio '99

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    sep 2004

utveckla -> develop

Tackar!
    That's quite illuminating how you broke it down.One of the greatest things I admire about the Swedish language is precisely a word like vidareutveckla,how it can have a very specific and complex meaning.It seems in Swedish there are many words like this that correlate a precise definition of a thought or action,whereas in English to be able to describe such a thing would take multiple words.
    If it's cool you down a little I can tell you that the Swedish language is knowed to be a very difficult lunguage to lern

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    sep 2004
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av Rodder76
    don't forget that the word "handling" can be used for other things, so he dont use our word "vägegenskaper" everywhere he can put "handling"

Well then, as long as we're picking nits: *smiles*

"egenskaper" doesn't translate to "handling" in a general sense, either. So to say that "väg + egenskaper" equals "road + handling" isn't really a good explanation either.

The best exclusive translation of "egenskaper" would be "properties". But the term "road properties" isn't a really good word, because it's a really strange term that isn't very specific, plus it sounds like we're discussing the state of the road, rather than the car!

Interestingly though, this actually makes "road properties" an excellent translation of the term "vägegenskaper" because strictly looking at the swedish word, the exact same confusion sets in. The swedish word, too, sort of implies that we're talking about the road, not the car.

My point? Well. I just want to clarify that this is one of the rare cases where it doesn't make sense to translate the word literally. It's a lot better to translate "vägegenskaper" into "handling", because it suddenly all becomes understandable. And, it's not a good idea to use "handling" as a translation of "egenskaper" either.
    haha.. you got it! I wasn't out for the nits. Just wanted him too understand and don't think that he could use our "vägegenskaper" everywhere he has "handling"

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    sep 2004
    Our word "lagom" is realy hard to translate. Sweden should be the only language in the word how has it.

So I checkt it up an find some translations

lagom just right, (rimlig) reasonable, lagom stor just the right size, ett lagom pris a reasonable price, lagom är bäst everything in moderation, det var lagom åt honom that served him right

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jul 2007
    Your confusion is understandable, since the two "om"s actually aren't even the same word, strictly speaking. The "om" that means "about, around" is actually a shortened-down version of the word "omkring", while the other "om" ("if") is just... "om".
    Thank you for this information,it's very good to know!
    Hopefully now I'll be more aware of the context in which om is used and be able to quickly put it together instead of becoming confused!

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jul 2007
    One of the greatest things I admire about the Swedish language is precisely a word like vidareutveckla,how it can have a very specific and complex meaning.It seems in Swedish there are many words like this that correlate a precise definition of a thought or action,whereas in English to be able to describe such a thing would take multiple words.
    Yes. Looking at it from our angle, it's an increasing cause of grief. People read so much English text these days that they have started to break up words into their smaller parts in everyday writing, just like they would in English. The phenomenon is known as "särskrivning" ("apart-writing"). Not only does it look really ugly and makes the writer come across as ignorant, it can also make phrases take on very different meanings. Like:

"Extrapris" ("sale") becomes "extra pris" which makes it seem like there's an extra fee today

"Vår kassapersonal" ("our cashier staff") becomes "vår kassa personal" ("our good-for-nothing staff")

"sjönära tomt" ("lakeside property") becomes "sjö nära tomt" ("lake close to property")

and so on...
    That's sad news to hear,it's a shame English should have such a corrosive effect to the point of corrupting the Swedish language.

What kind of English texts are popular in Sweden?

Liknande ämnen

1. English translation needed: Regarding Per Eklund!
    Av saabhistory i forum International SAAB related talk
    Svar: 2
    Senaste inlägg: 2008-12-19, 22:25
  2. Swedish Translation Needed
    Svar: 5
    Senaste inlägg: 2008-11-16, 19:51
  3. Toppola History Translation needed for Saabhistory.com
    Svar: 1
    Senaste inlägg: 2008-07-16, 21:21
  4. Oil pressure, translation, help