Resultat 1 till 6 av 6

Ämne: B202i and B202t engine block

B202i and B202t engine block

The B202 non-turbo block and b202 turbo blocks have different part numbers -- does anyone know what the differences are? I cannot see any obvious differences between them.

Thanks!

Steg 3 Johan-99T16s avatar
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Medlem#
    Hi!

I think the difference are that the non-turbo block has a plug were the oil-return from the turbo is. And the pistons ofcourse...
    Johan Carlsson#2661
    Saab 99 Turbo16 Instagram: 99turbo16
    Saab 9-3 SportCombi VectorActive 2.0t BioPower-08
    Tech2 med Candi finnes

Ah, yes, pistons are different. :-)

Regarding the block itself, if the only difference between a turbo and non-turbo block was the oil return plug, would Saab have used a different part number?

I ask this question about the differences because I once read that the difference between the two is that the turbo block has higher nickel content. But I read this on the internet, and you know how that can be...

Cheers,

-Hans

PS By the way, nice car! Question about the manifold -- it looks like it's from a B212. I thought those were in the U.S. only?? Are they hard to get in Sweden? And there are no holes for vacuum lines. Did you plug them and put holes in the bottom?

Steg 3
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Medlem#
    Engine blocks are made of grey cast iron 0125. This is an internal standard but the standard is similar to swedish material standard SS 140125. The material contains no nickel. The exhaust manifolds possebly contains nickel though, and I would expect the turbo manifolds to be made of a more heat resistant alloy (possebly more nickel). But I have no material specs on the older manifolds, newer manifolds (such as Aero V6) are made of Si-Mo alloyed cast iron.

I think the only differences between the blockas are the ones mentioned by Johan-99T16. Saab used different part numbers for i and turbo blocks later too, although the blocks are based on the same casting.

Steg 3 Johan-99T16s avatar
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Medlem#
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av hansUS2
    PS By the way, nice car! Question about the manifold -- it looks like it's from a B212. I thought those were in the U.S. only?? Are they hard to get in Sweden? And there are no holes for vacuum lines. Did you plug them and put holes in the bottom?
    Yes, it´s a manifold from a B212. They sold Saab 900 2.1 in Sweden to, but i dont know how many. They are a little hard to find.
    My mate has welded the holes, and welded a piece of aluminium in the bottom.

Here is a pic.

Johan Carlsson#2661
    Saab 99 Turbo16 Instagram: 99turbo16
    Saab 9-3 SportCombi VectorActive 2.0t BioPower-08
    Tech2 med Candi finnes

Thanks for the information, Johan and Johan! :-)

Liknande ämnen

1. Göra om tändsystemet på en b202i -86
    Av Moffegreve i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 7
    Senaste inlägg: 2008-12-12, 00:26
  2. Hjälp med motorslammer, B202T
    Av Muskedunder i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 13
    Senaste inlägg: 2008-02-12, 20:11
  3. b202i ingen gnista
    Av gascan i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 11