Resultat 1 till 17 av 17

Ämne: Hello from England

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    apr 2007

Hello from England

Hi everyone, I'm Mark and live in the south-west of England near Bath. I found STCS thanks to Patrik (bollman) who joined the UKSaabs forum. Come along and join us, we are a friendly bunch.

I drive a '02 9-3 SE LPT in black (of course) that has done ~108k miles (~170,000km).

I'm a member of a Saab group called GWS - Great Western Saabs (or God's Wonderful Saabs ) - based in the south-west of England. We recently became the official south-west branch of the Saab Owners Club of Great Britain.

A big group of us - about 16 - are coming to the Saab Festival in June. We are staying in Sweden for 2 weeks in a house that we are renting in Vara (~50km east of Trollhätten). We are sailing to Esbjerg in Denmark then driving up to Trollhätten. Some more Brits will be joining us for the festival weekend so there should be at least 10 Saabs with the steering wheel on the right side We have also arranged a visit to the Saab factory and Nordic Tuning.

Really looking forward to visiting Sweden. I enjoy walking/hiking so thanks to your Allemansrätten I hope to be able to do plenty.

Just need to learn some Swedish now. I'm starting with the important things like Jag vill ha en öi which I hope means 'I would like a beer' (though not when I'm driving, of course).

'02 9-3 SE LPT (Högerstyrd)

Steg 3 henrikgs avatar
    Reg.datum
    dec 2004
    Medlem#
    You are most welcome, both to STCS and Sweden

//Henrik
    900 Aero -88
    900 Aero -85
    9-3 Aero SS Hirsch -04
    9-3 Aero SC BioPower Hirsch -09

Steg 3
    Reg.datum
    feb 2003
    They must have been drinking at the Trollhättan factory when they made your car, they have put the stearing wheel on the wrong side

Welcome

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    apr 2007
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av Psycho Dave
    They must have been drinking at the Trollhättan factory when they made your car, they have put the stearing wheel on the wrong side
    They were on that side in Sweden as well up to 1966 weren't they?

Steg 3
    Reg.datum
    feb 2003
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av parish
    In fact no, we (not me, was not born then) drove on the left side of the road before 1967 but we had the stearing wheel on the left side all the time.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    apr 2007
    [quotesycho Dave]
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av "Psycho Dave":2tp6aupk
    In fact no, we (not me, was not born then)[/quote:2tp6aupk]
    I was. I was born in 1958
    drove on the left side of the road before 1967 but we had the stearing wheel on the left side all the time.
    I did not know that. It is not surprising then that you changed to driving on the wrong side of the road

There were plans to do the same here in the UK, but it never happened. I guess that the Government never expected that people would ever drive in other countries in such large numbers. It is too late to change now though. It makes life difficult

It looks better this way round though, doesn't it?

Helt original
    Reg.datum
    jan 2005
    Medlem#
    It does look nice, excotic in some way
    Is the interior custom made? Never seen it before.
    Segfirre Productions

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    apr 2007
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av mort
    It does look nice, excotic in some way

Citat Ursprungligen postat av mort
    Is the interior custom made? Never seen it before.
    No, completely standard. It is a post-facelift model with carbon fibre dashboard and half leather seats.

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    Well, welcome! I take it you found the code now then

If you´re driving from Esbjerg to Trollhättan you´re gonna pass my home, in case you want to stay a night... hm, but I can´t house 15 of you though!

Things you will notice while driving in Sweden is that there are not so many cars, not so crammed roads as here in the UK. And fewer roundabouts But more cops on the roads...

I´m not sure I´m gonna make it to Trollhättan, we´ll see.

Come join the next Yorkshire meet up in Whitby!

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    apr 2007
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av bollman
    Well, welcome! I take it you found the code now then
    Yes, thank you for your help Patrik

Things you will notice while driving in Sweden is that there are not so many cars, not so crammed roads as here in the UK. And fewer roundabouts

But more cops on the roads...
    I must remember to read the small orange numbers on my speedo, not the big white ones - 110mph = 176km/h - I don't think the Police will be too impressed

I´m not sure I´m gonna make it to Trollhättan, we´ll see.
    If you do make it, I owe you a beer

Come join the next Yorkshire meet up in Whitby!
    It's a bit too far really for a day trip, but we'll see.

Steg 3 Marcus Js avatar
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Medlem#
    Hi and a warm welcome!
    I have friends in Gloucester and Cheltenham, and my dad's cousin and his family used to live in Bath (they moved back to the western colonies though), so I'm pretty familiar with the southwest. Gotta go for a visit soon! And hopefully see some Saab-maniacs...
    All makt åt Thengil!

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    apr 2007
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av Marcus J
    Hi and a warm welcome!
    I have friends in Gloucester and Cheltenham, and my dad's cousin and his family used to live in Bath (they moved back to the western colonies though), so I'm pretty familiar with the southwest. Gotta go for a visit soon! And hopefully see some Saab-maniacs...
    Thanks Marcus.

If/when you do take a trip here then check out the GWS Calendar to see what's going on. Also the Meetings forum on UKSaabs (You may have to register to see that forum). You, or any other Saab driver, are more than welcome to come along.

There are some photos and videos of previous events here

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    sep 2004
    Welcome to Sweden! I admire all forms of genuine enthusiasm, and this is clearly such!

I drove my og900 Convertible to the UK and Duxford airshow a couple of years ago, did draw some attention I can say. Have a feeling they are considered rather unusal and exclusive over there. Driving on the wrong side of the road () was interesting indeed, especially with a car I love more than anything else.

You will not get disappointed I think in Trollhättan. Its a nice city, and this years Festival is looking out to be something really extraordinary.

Best regards to UK, Turbocab / Gothenburg. og900Conv / og900Aero + MonteCarlo 9-3. Will try to bring all three to the fest, how the hell that is gonna happen is not yet known to me!
    MEDLEM 7032.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    apr 2007
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av TurboCab
    Welcome to Sweden! I admire all forms of genuine enthusiasm, and this is clearly such!

I drove my og900 Convertible to the UK and Duxford airshow a couple of years ago, did draw some attention I can say. Have a feeling they are considered rather unusal and exclusive over there. Driving on the wrong side of the road () was interesting indeed, especially with a car I love more than anything else.
    Thank you very much.

We call the og900 the c900 (classic 900) and yes, they are very desirable. It is because not only are they nice cars but they are real Saabs - not GM-Saabs - and that appeals to us. As you can see in these two pictures from the Saab Owners Club National Rally last year, they are very popular indeed - there were more c900/og900 than any other model.

http://www.magichamster.com/socn06/page ... g.jpg.html
    http://www.magichamster.com/socn06/page ... g.jpg.html

The 96, 2 stroke and V4, are also very desirable. One of our group has a 1971 96 V4 with only 11,000 miles (~17,500km) on the clock from new - that's 17,500km in 36 years

Someone else is restoring a 95 V4 and he also has a Saabo caravan, complete with its original Swedish registration (licence) plate (FTS 229).

Steg 3
    Reg.datum
    feb 2003
    he also has a Saabo caravan, complete with its original Swedish registration (licence) plate (FTS 229).
    That Saabo is still registered here in Sweden...

Regnr: FTS229 Färg: VIT
    Fabrikat: SAAB 260-2
    Årsmodell: 1965 Fordonsslag: SLÄP
    Fordonsår:
    Chassinummer:
    Senaste EU-regbevis del 2:
    Upplysningar:

Fordonsdata
    Fordonsstatus: Avställd (1991-02-22) Tillfällig registrering: Nej
    Antal ägare: 2 Yrkesmässig trafik: Nej
    Fordonet tillverkat: Producentansvarig:
    I trafik första gången i Sverige: 1966-06-30 Import: Nej
    I trafik första gången i utlandet: Utredning: Nej

Tekniska data
    Effekt kW: Antal passagerare:
    Växellåda:
    Max släpvagnsvikt:
    Max släpvagnsvikt B-behörighet:
    Max lastvikt: 160

Kopplingsanordning 1: KULHANDSKE Kopplingsanordning 2:
    Däckdimension fram: Däckdimension bak: 5.00-8
    Kaross: Husvagn (81)
    Skattevikt: 500 Tjänstevikt: 340
    Totalvikt: 500 Sänkt totaltvikt: 500
    Längd: 370 Bredd: 185
    Drivmedel: Alternativt drivmedel:
    Skyltformat fram: Skyltformat bak: ENRADIG

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    apr 2007
    he also has a Saabo caravan, complete with its original Swedish registration (licence) plate (FTS 229).

Does that mean that he owes the Swedish Govt. 16 years Road Tax?

Here's a picture of it now - being towed by a 9-5. Note that it is also displaying a UK registration. In the UK caravans do not have their own registration and must display the registration of the vehicle that they are being towed by.

http://www.uksaabs.co.uk/files/thumbs/t ... 90_196.jpg

Steg 3
    Reg.datum
    feb 2003

Does that mean that he owes the Swedish Govt. 16 years Road Tax?

Here's a picture of it now - being towed by a 9-5. Note that it is also displaying a UK registration. In the UK caravans do not have their own registration and must display the registration of the vehicle that they are being towed by.

http://www.uksaabs.co.uk/files/thumbs/t ... 90_196.jpg
    No that means that it is "deregistered" from traffic, if a car is avställd it is not allowed to be used and therefore you don't pay tax. But the caravan is still registered in the system and can at any time be påställd (registered), have an MOT and pay the tax and then it can be used here in Sweden.

Liknande ämnen

1. Dimljus fr England
    Av Saab-Mange i forum Ljud och elektricitet
    Svar: 1
    Senaste inlägg: 2012-10-22, 11:20
  2. England vinner tebax askan?
    Av bollman i forum Off Topic
    Svar: 5
    Senaste inlägg: 2009-07-12, 13:58
  3. Momsbefriade SAABar i England!
    Av Trued i forum Verkstäder, försäkringar och köpråd
    Svar: 7