Resultat 1 till 3 av 3

Ämne: 99 conversion - documents needed!

99 conversion - documents needed!

Hi all,

About 5 months ago, I had asked for your help for contacting Saab HQ' tech dept in this thread.

I've managed to do so, but have failed to get what I wanted, i.e. the document that would allow me to install a 175hp engine in my saab 99 (see my original message for an outline of the project). Saab HQ responded that only Saab Switzerland will issue a document valid in S'land, and thus I'm stuck with the 145hp proposal of Saab Switzerland...

Now, I might have found a way around when speaking with the guys who check and register the cars here in Switzerland. There might be a chance THEY would agree to accept the mod without a paper by Saab if I can prove my project is up to snuff, etc etc etc. This mean I'll have to provide a full application file, pics, and so on.

Here I come to my point: in order to beef up my file, I'd like to put in it several (as many as possible, in fact) copies of past "blessings" given by saab for putting a 175 or even 185 hp engine in a 99. So I might be able to get one point: even if Saab now only agrees for 145hp, it's not that the body is too weak or whatsoever, it's just a change in their policy (and swedish emission laws, I heard). Therefore, I'm looking for people who have performed this mod in the past, who have the paper at hand (same style as the one on Karl's site) and who would want to share it with me for me to include a copy f it in my application.

I hope some of you will be able to help! Thanks in advance and happy saabing for 2007!
    Seb

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jan 2006
    Riverton Australia (Sydney until Oct 2008!)

Re: 99 conversion - documents needed!

Citat Ursprungligen postat av sebch
    Hi all,

About 5 months ago, I had asked for your help for contacting Saab HQ' tech dept in this thread.

I've managed to do so, but have failed to get what I wanted, i.e. the document that would allow me to install a 175hp engine in my saab 99 (see my original message for an outline of the project). Saab HQ responded that only Saab Switzerland will issue a document valid in S'land, and thus I'm stuck with the 145hp proposal of Saab Switzerland...
    I've heard of people putting 16V turbo engines into Saab 99 shells but never actually seen one. I have seen a 99 which has had the original 'B'-motor removed and a turbo-equipped 'H'-motor put in it's place, but that's not quite the same as what you're trying to achieve.

Maybe you might have to be content with doing the change to the car and not street-registering it? Just keep it for off-street competition on race tracks, etc.?

Good luck though - a bunch of the guys who post in the forums at my site are 99 turbo owners, though I think they'd be in the same position as me when it comes to knowing about people who've turned a Saab 99 into a 16V turbo beastie! ;-)

Regards,

Craig.
    Craig Dewick in Riverton, South Australia (Sydney until Oct. 2008!)
    Craig's Saab C900 Page at http://lios.apana.org.au/~c900
    Craig's Classic Saab Workshop at http://www.classicsaab.net
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/navarzo3/s ... 333461772/

Individuell mappning TD04s avatar
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003

Re: 99 conversion - documents needed!

CH43J6 m.m.

Liknande ämnen

1. Technical info Saab 900 needed
    Av leike i forum International SAAB related talk
    Svar: 0
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-07-24, 22:31
  2. Xenon HID conversion kits
    Av csan i forum Ljud och elektricitet
    Svar: 1
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-04-07, 11:02
  3. English translation needed: Regarding Per Eklund!
    Av saabhistory i forum International SAAB related talk
    Svar: 2
    Senaste inlägg: 2008-12-19, 22:25
  4. Swedish Translation Needed
    Av saabhistory i forum International SAAB related talk
    Svar: 5
    Senaste inlägg: 2008-11-16, 19:51
  5. Swedish translation help needed
    Av TraSh i forum International SAAB related talk
    Svar: 4
    Senaste inlägg: 2006-08-19, 02:39

Behörigheter för att posta