Sidan 1 av 2 12 SistaSista
Resultat 1 till 20 av 37

Ämne: Saab og9-3 Tuning

Saab og9-3 Tuning

Hey,

I´m from Estonia, we have a rahther cool saabforum in here, but very few, or no peaople at all are tuning their saabs like in Sweden.
    This is really TUNING what you do here.
    Can you give me advice what to start tuning under the hood(engine)?
    Engine: B205R but body is SE. MY2000
    What does this engine need most for better performance and output?
    For starters maybe not so expensive tuning?
    Ofcourse I could go and buy a larger intercooler, Bypass or BOV , air filter element ,etc. But I would like to know what does this engine need most in the beginning of tuning process. Please keep thema in engine.

Steg 3 Stoffe #2959s avatar
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Medlem#
    The most basic tuning for that engine is to change the intercooler, upgrade the software in the ECU, fit a 3" downpipe with at racecatalyst and a 2,5" cat back system.
    That will, depending on the software provider give you about 280 bhp and 400 Nm of torque.

/Regards Stofe

what kind of intervooler do you suggest? This original really seems small...Thus it is same as Viggens as I have understood.
    As I understand then intercooler can be a random producer? What must be kept in mind changing it? Is there space for a larger IC at all? HOW BIG intercooler?
    What kind of software can I use on my engine. I want to copy someones tuningsoftware, but which does cope to my ECU? Must it definetly be for T7?

Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Medlem#
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av kasparius
    what kind of intervooler do you suggest? This original really seems small...Thus it is same as Viggens as I have understood.
    As I understand then intercooler can be a random producer? What must be kept in mind changing it? Is there space for a larger IC at all? HOW BIG intercooler?
    What kind of software can I use on my engine. I want to copy someones tuningsoftware, but which does cope to my ECU? Must it definetly be for T7?
    Yes, it's the same as Viggen, but it is to small to handle the heat.
    I dont know any measurements but there is a few bolt on ones to choose from. Like this one for instance: http://www.maptun.com/webshop/shop.php? ... tegori=641

Also www.nordictuning.com and www.speedparts.se have intercoolers for sale.

When it comes to SW you must use T7 SW that is especially tuned for the B205R engine. Nothing else will work.
    I suggest you buy your SW from www.nordictuning.com since they are experts in tuning Saabs and have a very good SW for the B205R

soon will have steg1 from speedparts. Then 240 hästar. Like a Viggen.hehe Tuning Saabs here in Estonia is really rare. Its a pitty.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2006
    Here in Austria, we have also good experiences with Maptun....
    Nordictuning is not so wide-spread here, but also well-known.
    "Hirsch-performance" ( http://www.hirsch-performance.ch/) from swizzerland offers great possibilities to "tune" your Saab.
    I think, taking packages, offered by these tuners, are best opportunity to modify your Saab in a safe way....

Here are offerts of packages for your 9-3: http://www.maptun.com/webshop/stages_in ... tegori=671

LG
    PLAY GOLF. DRIVE SAAB.
    Saab 9-3 Viggen

is it possible to install MBC on T7? I mean can it work at all? as I understand there are some issues, like the necessity of a stage1 trim before MBC could give any effect. to T5 MBC fits easily. AND WORKS!
    Done some research now and seems that an SMBC will work on T7, but it does not raise bar-s. just spools up quiker.
    But now the question is where to Purchase SMBC? In US and canada I found, but they wont ship , and if they would I´d have to pay anyhow 25dollars per product and about 25dollars per delivery. sucks....
    does anyone know??? I´m in Estonia!

Racecrew
    Reg.datum
    jul 2005
    Medlem#
    what is a mbc? i´ve never heard of it before.

MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER. search MBC and you`ll find.

Racecrew
    Reg.datum
    jul 2005
    Medlem#
    MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER. search MBC and you`ll find.
    aha, thats nothing i recomend you, if you don´t want a broke engine. the boost pressure in yor car is defined electronicly by the boost maps in your ecu.

has anyone experience with powerchip.se?
    They clame that have saab softw also. Is it cheaper than other BSR,SQR,NAPTUN,SPEEDPARTS ecu stage1 tunes? How does this chipping work? do I have to send my T7 ecu over there to sweden?
    When I mail them, I get an swedish language automatic answer.
    It goes:
    Vi har väldigt hög belastning på vår mail, vi hoppas på överrenseende med att svar i vissa fall kan dröja.

För att få ett snabbare svar vänligen ange vilken bil/motor det gäller, årsmodell och vart ni bor (om ni inte angett det innan)

Mvh Jörg med personal

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
    Hi

It means they having a high load on their mailserver and any answers might take some time to deliver

Pleasy specify your engine and model for faster answers

About PowerChip, a few people on this forum have tuned their Saab
    with their software. But I dont know anything more about them.

Best of luck

is it possible to copy SW from an 9-5 aero 230 or 250hp to my aero og9-3? and will it give me some more power?Copying is not a problem but can Tech2 make my car wor better after the copy of SW. Just interested in possibilities...

Racecrew
    Reg.datum
    jul 2005
    Medlem#
    is it possible to copy SW from an 9-5 aero 230 or 250hp to my aero og9-3? and will it give me some more power?Copying is not a problem but can Tech2 make my car wor better after the copy of SW. Just interested in possibilities...
    it´s not possible with tech-2, or even if it was car wouldn´t goo good because your engine is 2L and the 9-5 aero is 2.3L

Helt original
    Reg.datum
    jul 2004
    has anyone experience with powerchip.se?
    They clame that have saab softw also. Is it cheaper than other BSR,SQR,NAPTUN,SPEEDPARTS ecu stage1 tunes?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
    They are not detailing any info on their web site on prices for modified engine codes for Saab. However, there seem to be Saab drivers who've let Powerchip work on their cars, i.e. SW is available for Saabs.
    However, its is totally unclear who is behind each programme.
    This doens't automatically mean you have to avoid Powerchip.
    But in my opinion, when it comes to engine electronics such as Trionic, other dealers than the experienced and well recognized is false economy.
    Good luck and take care

i tried yesterday a homemade bleeder, and cutoff was easy to come on full throttle and turbo spinning in the end of second gear.
    bleed was set on 1,0bar. Is my stock aero soft set to 0.9bar when cutoff?
    Although i´ve read and heard that T7 prevents work of any manual boost control, I saw yesterday that boost gauge showed that needle went into red alittle bit, which it did not do before. after removing device it did not go anymore to the red. So bleeder really works on T7 too.
    Now I need software ofcourse, but had a little plan to buy fuel cut defender. or can it be aswell made DIY stile?

Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Medlem#
    Yes, the pressure in the inletsystem will increase, but the ECU will compensate for the increased pressure by closing the throttle to reduce airmass. Therefore the powergain will be small or close to none.
    Throw away that bleeder and get a real Trionic software instead. That way you will get maximum power with preserved protection functions.

/Regards Stoffe

if I had the finance, I´d buy soft. Until then I try to demolish turbo myself.
    Interesting, interesting.
    If I could get copy of soft from somewhere. I know who can make a copy, but there is noone who could give me their ecu...here in estonia.
    Still i´d like to know where is cutoff?

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    The cutoff is there only as a last ditch defence. As someone previous said, the T7 will compensate for the higer boost with closing the throttle giving you nothing in performance gain.
    Defeating the cutoff will give you no more effect. The T7 wil close the throttle and so your turbo will put pressure on the throttle which means it will have nowhere to put the boost and therefore will go into surge and overrev and possibly break.
    The T7 measures air mass going into the engine. The only way to get more effect out of a T7 is to make sure the software orders more air mass from the rest of the parts involved (ie turbo).

The old T5:s are "foolable" by a MBC but since that will defeat a very important engine protection (the possibility to get rid of boost in a knock-situtation) it´s not really a smart way to go. The difference in spool-up between a T5 with MBC vs. a T5 with a fresh APC valve is not something worth risking your engine for...

what happens, if I disconnect the air mass meter plug?

Liknande ämnen

1. Tuning
    Av soXny i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 8
    Senaste inlägg: 2009-05-15, 20:40
  2. JT-tuning
    Av tecen i forum Allmänt
    Svar: 11
    Senaste inlägg: 2005-01-23, 00:47

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar