Resultat 1 till 4 av 4

Ämne: 2nd hand 9-5 from greece

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    nov 2006

2nd hand 9-5 from greece

Hello from greece.I want to buy a 2nd hand saab 9-5 192ps 2001 model which is in a very good shape.The only problem is tha the car has been used for over 120000km,mostly in highway roads.I am really worried about the turbo.The dealer told me that he checked the intercooler and everything is ok(no engineoil was found).Is this enough ?What else should i check?After how many kilometers does the turbo need replacement usually?And something else:In what pressure does o stock 2.0t 192ps turbo work?
    Thanks in advance and excuse me but my english is poor

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2006
    Hello and welcome.
    I am from Austria, where Saabs are really rare. I think it is similar in greece. So:
    120.000 km is not too much for a Saab. There are Saabs around with more than 300.000 or even 500.000 kilometrage. Turbochargers in Saabs do usually not have problems. Neither the Garret-charger nor the MHI-charger (both used in Saabs), and especially not after 120.000 highway-km.

I think serial boost pressure for the 2001 9-5 is 0,7 bar. If the turbo does not work correct, you can often see this on the APC (Automativ Performance control) in your cockpit. The needle on your instrument should go half into red-coloured part and then go back to and remain at the beginning of the red-coloured part if turbo boost sets in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBtpkM5P ... eed%20fast

But if you want to be shure if your car is okay, take it to a professional Saab workshop and let check everythink, that is important (if the engine power is okay), or at least contact them: http://www.saab.gr/home/

Good look with your future Saab..........
    Yours TS
    PLAY GOLF. DRIVE SAAB.
    Saab 9-3 Viggen

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    nov 2006
    thanks for your answer!I have already contact the local official saab dealer and waiting for their answer.
    I think that only aero's series has a boost gauge in the cockpit

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2006
    Oh..you are right. I´ve just found a picture of a 9-5 2,0lt-cockpit. There is no boost gauge in it. Sorry. I am not too familiar with the interior of a 9-5.
    But: Saab workstations usually have an instument to check the engine-output. But usually you feel, if the turbo gives full boost pressure and if this pressure is constant. From about 2800 r/min on, boost pressure should be constant and not fall off.
    If you really buy this car, a VDO boost pressure-instrument would be a nice alternative. It is not too hard to install and gives you concrete information about your boot pressure.

Here is one for sale:
    http://cgi.ebay.at/Ladedruckanzeige-VDO ... dZViewItem

Good luck.
    PLAY GOLF. DRIVE SAAB.
    Saab 9-3 Viggen

Liknande ämnen

1. Hur tar ni hand om stenskott?
    Av NeoTech i forum Bilvård, utseende och styling
    Svar: 4
    Senaste inlägg: 2007-09-17, 09:06
  2. Vilka bussningar i första hand ?
    Av Turbo_Knuff i forum Chassi, bromsar och transmission