Sidan 1 av 2 12 SistaSista
Resultat 1 till 20 av 32

Ämne: Saabowner from Austria

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2006

Saabowner from Austria

Hello,
    I´m so glad, that there is also space for people, not speaking swedish.
    To introduce myself:
    I am 23 years old, female, live in Austria (Vienna) and I am owner of a 93 Viggen.

My boyfriend has got a 9000 Aero and a 9000 turbo (1990) with 195 hp.
    He used to have something about 6 Saab. This is why I am now also addicted to this car.

In Austria only exists a small group of saab-owners, this is why I hope to get some intersting infomation about all saab-topic from you guys out there.

Have a nice day...
    Yours TurboSie
    PLAY GOLF. DRIVE SAAB.
    Saab 9-3 Viggen

Grundladd
    Reg.datum
    jan 2005
    A warm welcome to the forum!

We are now waiting for pictures of you and the car.

Regards
    Stefan
    9-5 Vector 2,0t SC -04 185hk/280Nm Orginal trim
    Tidigare 99 -69, 96 -75, 900 -84, 900 2,1 -92, 9000CSE 2.0t -96, 9000 CS 150 -97, 9-5 kombi 2,0 -99

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2006
    Hi,
    I do not have so many pics of my car in the web. Here is one (it was shot at the Saabmeeting July 2006 in Upper Austria):

http://www.saab-langen.at/images/Events ... 200653.JPG

Greetings from Vienna
    TurboSie
    PLAY GOLF. DRIVE SAAB.
    Saab 9-3 Viggen

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2006

SAABFORUM AUSTRIA

If you are interested to visit an austrian Saabforum.
    You are welcome in my forum SWEDCAR:
    Although there is a .de at the end, it is an austrian forum.
    Please write in english or german........

http://swedcar.foren-city.de/

I am looking forward to seeing you in "Austria"
    Greetings....
    PLAY GOLF. DRIVE SAAB.
    Saab 9-3 Viggen

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    sep 2004
    Hello!

Austria is lovely, I actually drove my 1990 Turbo Convertible via Italy and Switzer-land to Austria this summer. Headed up Kaunertal to 2700 m above sea-level! Very nice with roof-top down.
    Very few Saabs though, anywhere down there. Its really rare! Although Viggens dont grow on trees in Sweden either.... Most Saabs I saw in Switzerland, they seem to dig the "swedish thing" there. Perhaps thats why americans always mix up Sweden and Switzerland!

Welcome to the forum!
    MEDLEM 7032.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2006
    You are right. Saabs are rare in Austria. Just have a look at my austrian Saab-Forum (link above) and you can imagine how rare Saab in Austria is. Most are driven by "grandpas". There are hardly any young people being interested in Saab.....! And to get a Viggen in Austria was really a "project". Only 5 93 Viggen are registered in whole Austria. Also 9000 Aeros are rarity.
    Interesting, that you visited Austria. It´s so far away, isn´t it ? I agree, that there are many nice locations in Austria to drive with your car. But police checks are getting serverer and more frequent. Recently austrian police got a Porsche to hunt "fast drivers" on highways. But usually austrian police drives VW Passat or Ford Mondeo.
    Which cars does swedish police drive?
    And: What do you mean with "digging" the swedish thing?
    Greetings.......
    PLAY GOLF. DRIVE SAAB.
    Saab 9-3 Viggen

Helt original
    Reg.datum
    dec 2005
    mostley they drive saab and volvo. but i dont like them even if they drive nice saabs
    9-3 aero sportcombi. Lite "tunad"
    http://www.garaget.org/Pekkis
    Livet är inte bara en lek det är en dans på rosor också!

Helt original
    Reg.datum
    feb 2004
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av TurboSie
    You are right. Saabs are rare in Austria. Just have a look at my austrian Saab-Forum (link above) and you can imagine how rare Saab in Austria is. Most they are driven by "grandpas". There are hardly any young people being interested in Saab.....! And to get a Viggen in Austria was really a "project". Only 5 93 Viggen are registered in whole Austria. Also 9000 Aeros are rarity.
    Interesting, that you visited Austria. It´s so far away, isn´t it ? I agree, that there are many nice locations in Austria to drive with your car. But police checks are getting serverer and more frequent. Recently austrian police got a Porsche to hunt "fast drivers" on highways. But usually austrian police drives VW Passat or Ford Mondeo.
    Which cars does swedish police drive?
    Greetings.......
    Hi and welcome!
    The Swedish Police drives Saab and Volvo. But the unpainted cars can be other cars, Audi, Wolkswagen and other. They also have some Wolkswagen and Chevrolet vans too. I probebly missed some brands but i think this is the most common (spelling?). I know that some Saab has ben modified by Nordic but i dont know what they have done.
    //Conny L

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2006
    In austria it seems unimagineable that police drives Saabs. Most common in austria are german cars like Audi, VW, Mercedes or BMW. French cars like Peugeot or Citroen are mostly driven by women. And since "Fast and Furious" japanese cars are booming. Unfortunately austria only receives the needless motorizations of the different cars. If there exists a turboengine of a car maker you can be shure that in austria only the weaker modell is available.
    My bofriend and I plan to visit Sweden next summer, to see the Saab museum in Trolhättan.
    ANOTHER QUESTION: Which is the correct name of the Saab 9000 Bj. 88-90 (I think) fastback with the straight front, the body and the 2,0l-engine with turbo and 195hp (it also exists with 175hp)?

http://www.saab9000.com/gallery/NUUiqBs ... AG1344.JPG

It seems as nobody in Austria knows the correct marke of this Saab: Airflow, Talladega? Hopefully anyone can help me.
    Thanks and greetings.........
    PLAY GOLF. DRIVE SAAB.
    Saab 9-3 Viggen

SAAB 9000 Turbo 16 Talladega

Grundladd
    Reg.datum
    aug 2005

Gruss...

Gruss di und willkommen !.

Bin so a´bissl durch die Homepage - Swedcar - ´rumgestöbert und muss ehrlich sagen do´is ja ´ne riesige Arbeit geleistet worden. Kompliment !.

Nur noch funf Stuck Viggen i Österreich........ja dass klingt ganz gewiss Sammlerverdächtig. Laut Angaben san´s ja nur 4 511 Stuck im Ganzen gebaut worden - die meisten in den USA verkauft. Ein Viggen im Blau ist echt hammer-toll !.

Andere rare Modelle, leider zunehmend so auch hier in Schweden, sind ja der 9000 Talladega und auch der 9000 Aero. Der Aero ganz gewiss so in der CC Ausfuhrung. Da sind´s nur 46 Stuck ohne SSD, (ungefähr die Hälfte in feurigem Talladegarot), noch im Verkehr, ein grösserer Anteil von welchen auch in einem ziemlich disaströsen Pflegezustand sich befinden.

Meine zwei Sahnestucke pflege ich behutsamst weiter - ein 9000 CS 2.3 Turbo S mit nun unglaubliche 580 tkm auf dem Tacho aber immerhin bärig ziehend wenn´s Bergauf geht, und ein 9000 CS 2.3 Aero ´97 mit niedriger Laufleistung und in einem völlig tadelloser Originalzustand....und so soll er es bleiben.

Gruss aus Schweden und pflege den Boliden weiter so gut wi´s auf´m Foto ausschaut !.

/Tomas 220 PS

9000 CS 2.3 Turbo S ´92 - 220 PS Roter DI/APC Werkstuning
    9000 CS 2.3 Aero ´97 - 225 PS . Niedrige Laufleistung. Tadelloser Originalzustand.
    Tomas 220 PS
    9-3 Aero, 9000 CS Aero, 9000 2.3 Turbo S, 9000 CC Aero x2, 9000 CD Aero

Racecrew
    Reg.datum
    jul 2005
    Medlem#

Re: Gruss...

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Tomas 220 PS

Bin so a´bissl durch die Homepage - Swedcar - ´rumgestöbert und muss ehrlich sagen do´is ja ´ne riesige Arbeit geleistet worden. Kompliment !.

Nur noch funf Stuck Viggen i Österreich........ja dass klingt ganz gewiss Sammlerverdächtig. Laut Angaben san´s ja nur 4 511 Stuck im Ganzen gebaut worden - die meisten in den USA verkauft. Ein Viggen im Blau ist echt hammer-toll !.

Andere rare Modelle, leider zunehmend so auch hier in Schweden, sind ja der 9000 Talladega und auch der 9000 Aero. Der Aero ganz gewiss so in der CC Ausfuhrung. Da sind´s nur 46 Stuck ohne SSD, (ungefähr die Hälfte in feurigem Talladegarot), noch im Verkehr, ein grösserer Anteil von welchen auch in einem ziemlich disaströsen Pflegezustand sich befinden.

Meine zwei Sahnestucke pflege ich behutsamst weiter - ein 9000 CS 2.3 Turbo S mit nun unglaubliche 580 tkm auf dem Tacho aber immerhin bärig ziehend wenn´s Bergauf geht, und ein 9000 CS 2.3 Aero ´97 mit niedriger Laufleistung und in einem völlig tadelloser Originalzustand....und so soll er es bleiben.

Gruss aus Schweden und pflege den Boliden weiter so gut wi´s auf´m Foto ausschaut !.

/Tomas 220 PS

9000 CS 2.3 Aero ´97 - 225 PS . Niedrige Laufleistung. Tadelloser Originalzustand.
    this thread was really interesting until now.....someone who can translate?

Individuell mappning
    Reg.datum
    sep 2003

Re: Gruss...

/Tomas 220 PS

And now we take it in english, please

TurboSie, welcome to our forum!
    Nice with more nonswedish people

Regards,

Kasumi

Grundladd
    Reg.datum
    aug 2005

Sorry...

Sorry...´bout that !. Mea culpa !.

.....my English is not all that crisp....that´s why.

In short.... SAAB´s are really great cars and engines and we love´em all.....especially so the perhaps somewhat more addictive ones with Turbo.

Interesting to know that only 5 Viggens are registered i Austria....wow !.

Same thing with the 9000 Aeros. According to KBA - the German version of the Swedish VV - there were as of Jauary 1:st in 2005 a total of only 197 9000 CS Aero with manual 5-speed registered in Germany.

A year later - 2006 - there are only 185 left.

Isn´t it thrilling on the one hand to now that the probable grand total of still existing 9000 Aeros worldwide is most probably countable in a 4 digit number.

.....from the days when "Aero" was tantamount to Limited Edition

/Tomas 220 PS

9000 CS 2.3 Turbo S ´92 - 220 BHP Red DI/APC Factorytuning
    9000 CS 2.3 Aero ´97 - 225 BHP Low mileage. All original.
    Tomas 220 PS

Individuell mappning
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003

Re: Sorry...

Same thing with the 9000 Aeros. According to KBA - the German version of the Swedish VV - there were as of Jauary 1:st in 2005 a total of only 197 9000 CS Aero with manual 5-speed registered in Germany.

A year later - 2006 - there are only 185 left.

Isn´t it thrilling on the one hand to now that the probable grand total of still existing 9000 Aeros worldwide is most probably countable in a 4 digit number.
    That's precisely why losing out on a mint condition 1996 9000 Aero, black on black w/ sunroof, hurt like ****. Missed it by a few measly hours. Oh, did I forget to mention the mileage? 35.000 km.

A mint condition 9000 Aero is probably the closest you can get to a pack of Prozac...

Best regards,

KK
    Saablös efter att nu ha avslutat Projekt Skattesmitaren v. 2.0, en 9-3 SC BioPower Aero med Steg 5+. Bruksar numera vit BMW X3, busar runt i gul Mini Cooper S Cab och sätter skräck i V8-åkarna i skärgården med en svart 304 hk Yamaha SHO.

the 9³ Viggen is more rare in austria because at the moment there are only 3 coupes and 1 convertible registered (1 convertible is for sale with 18" hirsch rims in silver with black viggen seats - not really spectacular!!! they look like aero seats!!!)

in austria people often don't recognise a viggen because in blue paint they look like an opel astra opc, and my red Aero always gets calld ALFA

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2006
    @performanz: You are right (concerning the Viggens). I forgot, that the silver cabriolet (for sell) is not registered !

The problem with rare saab-models is, that you tend to getting addicted to collect them. But there is no space and money to buy each Saab, you think, it must be part of your collection .

@tomas: Why do you speak german, although you are from Sweden? I also used to have a 9000 CS 2,3 turbo with 200hp (on my homepage). It was my first Saab and won me over SAAB. & congratulations to your 580tkm - respect!!

@kk: it is always important to take care about your car, especially if it is a Saab,.....a Saab, that needs to be preserved!! If you care about a Saab, it is no problem to drive it as long as you want to. There is only a small range of car-types (?Marken?) making such a good job concerning kilometrage (mileage)!

Red 9000 Aeros are also rare in austria. There are more black ones. But I think a 9000 Aero needs to be red. Its the Aero-colour, like blue is the Viggen-colour, aren´t they ?

You get to know more about our cars at this homepage:
    http://www.beepworld.de/members101/swedcar/index.htm
    > have a look at the topic "Unseresaabs"

Yours TS
    PLAY GOLF. DRIVE SAAB.
    Saab 9-3 Viggen

Individuell mappning
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av TurboSie
    @kk: it is always important to take care about your car, especially if it is a Saab,.....a Saab, that needs to be preserved!! If you care about a Saab, it is no problem to drive it as long as you want to. There is only a small range of car-types (?Marken?) making such a good job concerning kilometrage (mileage)!
    Hi,

You're absolutely right. I already had two 9000 Aeros, both bought @ appr. 35.000 km. My father owns my last one, a '96 black on black w/sunroof. It currently has appr. 80.000 km and is his daily driver. I thought I owed it to my father to allow him to enjoy the "last real Saab" instead of preserving it in a garage. It truly is a gorgeous car to drive!

The one I missed would have been nice as a collectors item, though...

Grüss,

KK
    Saablös efter att nu ha avslutat Projekt Skattesmitaren v. 2.0, en 9-3 SC BioPower Aero med Steg 5+. Bruksar numera vit BMW X3, busar runt i gul Mini Cooper S Cab och sätter skräck i V8-åkarna i skärgården med en svart 304 hk Yamaha SHO.

Grundladd
    Reg.datum
    aug 2005

TurboSie...

Hi !.

Picked up some in school.........and the rest settled in with some 300 000 kilometers on the German Autobahns.......and lots of Peter Maffay "Sonne in der Nacht", "Halt dich an mich fest", Claudia Jung "Zu den Sternen", "Ich kann fur nicht´s mehr garantier´n"......to name but a few.
    Also some of the more played ones include the Wiener schule with Reinhard Fendrich, "Wenn d´Herz has wia Bergwerk", Macho Macho" etc, Peter Cornelius, "Treib mi net zum Wahnsinn", "Segel im Wind".

Yes, the 580 k kilometers are really something else.....especially when you come to think about all the money that could be saved - had you been somewhat more restrictive on the driving.......mind-dazzling as it seems.....there´s in fact virtually a brand new Viggen gone up in combustion-forces....

.....but then again to unleash an old-school turbo up the grades near Werratal / Köschinger Forst / Greding and a softly set CD with Marc Pircher "Dafur sag´ ich euch danke"....in the early morning hours.....well.....

Gruss

/Tomas 220 PS

9000 CS 2.3 Turbo S ´92 - 220 PS Red DI/APC - Factory tuning
    9000 CS 2.3 Aero ´97 - 225 PS Low Mileage.
    Tomas 220 PS

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2006
    I understand .
    Are there more Viggen-owners, than the one from Australia in this forum? I didn´t find others .

Which Saabs are most popular/beloved in Sweden? Classic 900 turbo 16S Aero, 9000er Aero or the non-turbo-versions.
    In Austria, the biggest problem is, that people don´t wanna spend money on their cars.
    Most important is, that they are cheap and have low patrol consumption. Austria is the country with most diesel new registrations in 2005. This fact makes me so unhappy. "Cheap, cheaper, cheapest" is what counts in the heads of most austrian car-owners. No one wants to spend money on a decent car, a car with power, a car that represents the taste of its owner. "Austria the diesel-country"...this is what we hear more often nowadays.
    Is it the same in sweden?
    Are diesel-cars also so popular (if only you could say "popular")?
    LG
    PLAY GOLF. DRIVE SAAB.
    Saab 9-3 Viggen

Liknande ämnen

1. Saabmeeting in Austria
    Av TurboSie i forum International SAAB related talk
    Svar: 8
    Senaste inlägg: 2007-05-31, 00:16
  2. 9k AERO from Austria
    Av performanz i forum International SAAB related talk
    Svar: 3
    Senaste inlägg: 2006-08-31, 13:19