Resultat 1 till 6 av 6

Ämne: Contact for Saab technical division - can you help?

Contact for Saab technical division - can you help?

Hi all!

I live in Switzerland (here's why swedish is pretty much a black hole for me...) and I'm a newbie with working on Saabs. But I've spend much of chlidhood in several 900 turbo (classic shape), and this is probably why I have recently decided to take the plunge and buy a 1971 99 2 doors. It needs extensive repairs, and I thought that since I will anyway have it totally dismanteled in my garage, I might as well also get back to the turbo feel I so much loved when riding in my dad's Saabs... So as many others have done, I'll be off for a 900T16 conversion.

I have contacted Saab here in Switzerland to see if they would give the blessing for my project and I found out they would but only for a 145 hp engine conversion. As I want to be able to put in the car any H engine I can find in a scrapyard (T8, T16, LPT), I'd need a blessing for 185 hp as described on Karl's Tip pages, more precisely here. Karl had a paper made by Sabe Norge that would allow a 185hp engine in his 99. Here in Switzerland, the authorities will recognize only a paper from Saab Switzerland or the main Saab office in Sweden, so here is (at last...) my question: can anyone provide me -here or by private message- contact details for the technical department of Saab in Sweden ? On the Saab site there is only a contact address that points to the national branches... I'd appreciate very much any help in this matter!!

Thankis and regards from the Alps, Sebastien

Hi!

Maybe you could try and send a letter to the Saab HQ in stockholm and write "Attention: Technical department" or something like that on it?

Here's the address:

Saab International Head Quarter
    Box 70363
    SE-107 24 Stockholm
    Sweden

Individuell mappning
    Reg.datum
    feb 2003
    A tip is to look at Popeyes site where he's described the nescessary paperwork i Sweden regarding converting OG900 T8 to T16.

There is a name mentioned there in this document but i have no clue how old that information is.

(I'm moving this thread to "International SAAB related talk")

Good luck!
    9000 2.3t A50 -97
    .."If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."

Steg 5
    Reg.datum
    feb 2006
    I believe that both Volvo and Saab has stopped writing these documents. Very popular earlier but here in sweden they had to make a component checkup at any saabdealer to verify that you had EVERY component connected to that engine you planned to use. If the particular engine was exhaust certified with a special gearratio you had to use that otherwise they would not write that document.
    Volvo stopped several years ago due to the complicated checkups and I do not now about Saab but I guess that the same situation applies there as well.

Hey guys! Thanks a lot for your suggestions and tips! I hope Stefan is wrong but I have a feeling that indeed, the golden age might be over (as in many other fields). However, I still hope that Saab sweden will be writing such a document for Switzerland where less strict exhaust/noise regulations aply for older cars...

I will probably try to do as johanbostrom suggest, but if anyone can provide an e-mail for the HQ, it will even be easier.

Last thing, do you know an online translator like babelfish that handles swedish? I'm also in Volvo matters, and for LM's links and many other things, it would be real useful...

Thanks agin and happy saabing! Sebastien

Grundladd
    Reg.datum
    jan 2006
    Try to send an email to "Saab Direct" here in Sweden.
    info@saabdirect.org

/Daniel
    9-3SS Vector

Liknande ämnen

1. Technical info Saab 900 needed
    Av leike i forum International SAAB related talk
    Svar: 0
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-07-24, 22:31
  2. SNABB hjälp - rotationshåll Continental Sport Contact 2?
    Av mange69 i forum Chassi, bromsar och transmission
    Svar: 7
    Senaste inlägg: 2010-04-12, 19:24
  3. Compression ratio and engine technical data
    Av IceSaab i forum International SAAB related talk
    Svar: 2
    Senaste inlägg: 2009-01-13, 08:04
  4. Continental Sport Contact 2. - Alltid slitna ytterkanter
    Av -Rickard- i forum Chassi, bromsar och transmission
    Svar: 7
    Senaste inlägg: 2007-05-19, 19:36

Behörigheter för att posta