Resultat 1 till 14 av 14

Ämne: Classic 900 'Special Editions'

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jun 2004

Classic 900 'Special Editions'

Hej everyone ... I drive a 1989 900 T8 Special (one of the final 300 in the UK). Since I'm in no way a Swedish speaker I thought I'd post here in the international section.

I have started to put together a web page of classic 900 special editions, limited runs, etc ... see here. I would like to know more about the special/limited models in Sweden. Take a look at the site, if you would, and make comments, suggestions, etc ... it's far from perfect (or finished) yet ...

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jun 2004
    Does anyone know anything about this?

It has all the traits of the 'Red Arrow', but in Platana Gray. Can anyone decode the numberplate for national origin, or make anything of the text. It might just be my imagination, but on the RHS of the boot there appears to be an odd looking logo - might just be the angle and the scaling of the picture.

Steg 2
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Orca> The plates are Swedish. I think I recognize the picture from some paper with extra equipment you could by with/for your Saab. Something about the "aeroflow package". Not a special modell, just a couple of extras to add to your order...

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jun 2004
    Many thanks Ragnar ... I thought I might've found another special/limited one ... oh well

Steg 3
    Reg.datum
    feb 2003
    If the numberplate is "MRZ 392" (hard to se) then this is the info on that car. But according to this the car is (now) lightgreen.

Regnr: MRZ392
    Färg: LGRÖN
    Fabrikat: SAAB 900 T8 AD35S-SR
    Årsmodell: 1986
    Fordonsslag: PB
    Chassinummer: AD35S7G2011301
    Fordonsstatus: Avregistrerad (1999-08-25)
    Antal ägare: 8
    Datum för första reg.: 1985-12-10
    I trafik första gång: 1985-12-11
    Yrkesmässig trafik: Nej
    Direktimport: Nej
    Utredning: Nej
    Tillfällig registrering: Nej

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jun 2004
    Hej everyone, I've made some updates to the Special Editions website.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jun 2004
    Hi again, does anyone know about this car?

Firstly, that's all I've been sent. The sender does not have a larger picture - does anyone else? Perhaps we can read the text then

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    maj 2005
    Hey Orca

Do you already have info on this car. If not then I have.
    Let me know

marc

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jun 2004
    marq101 - That picture is all I have. It looks very interesting, with the body coloured grille and wing mirrors. I'd be interested to see anything you have. I will send you my e-mail address by PM.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    maj 2005
    Ok. I'll try and see if I can scan the ad on short notice.
    Otherwise I'll send you the spec. It is a special from a Brittish Saab dealer. It had an upgraded engine and an upgraded chassis.

When I'm home from work I'll start searching.

Marc

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jun 2004
    Hi guys and gals ... not much added this month. There is a new page about the absolutely gorgeous 'Swiss' Edition, thanks for information and pictures by the Geneva Aero SAAB Enthusiasts.

There is also a new page about SAAB Stripes.

... very interesting.

Take a look at the webpage. Does anyone have any pictures of SAABs with those stripes on?

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    sep 2004
    Orca, are you behind the webpage with special editions?

Just looked at the site - VERY NICE - but one thing: On the page with MonteCarlo special edition, it mentions there were 300 MonteCarlos imported to Germany. I claim this is dead wrong. 300 Yellow Montecarlos WORLD WIDE is more correct. A few only registered in Sweden (they were super expensive in Sweden who had resession at the time). In germany I heard the figure 5 remaining still, or so.

Apart from the 300, an additonal series was made and shipped to the US. They were not numbered, in difference to the 300 first who has a small label on the dash "limited Edititon" and the number.

And sorry if Offtopic, but it looks like you are the man behind the page.

I dont have a MonteCarlo yet, but the prospects of getting one is what makes me breathe and get out of bed each morning to go to work.

Maybe I should mention there are rumors of ONLY A FEW Yellow 3-door coupes as well, with full "monte Carlo" or at least Aero-specs. But Im not sure if they actually left the factory or not.

Regards from a og900-fan in West-Sweden.
    MEDLEM 7032.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jun 2004
    Thankyou for that clarification. That makes sense. I had read in a number of places that there were 300 numbered, but was unclear about which markets they were destined for - one contributor suggested that they were for Germany, but perhaps I misunderstood him. I also knew there were a number produced that were not numbered, so I presumed that the numbered set were destined for Germany only.

So, to clarify, a numbered set of 300 were produced, globally. After that a further amount were exported to the US. Those latter cars were not numbered.

I'll re-word that paragraph next time I do some updates.

Steg 1
    Reg.datum
    sep 2004
    Yes, thats about right!

Ill try to send you a picture of a special MonteCarlo. Back then, the sitting Saab-boss (GM just bought them at the time) Mr Wheelhouse ordered a brand new MonteCarlo-Cab from the line. It has Yellow leather in the seats as a "on-off", not sure if anything is different on it too. Was for sale in Sweden recently and now resides in Gothenburg. That could be the ultimate limited-ed og900 - ordered by a sitting Saab-manager and the only one with special yellow leather!

Also interesting the part about T8 Special "Aero". They are very common in Sweden ( I think most of them ended here) but is a fast dying breed nowadays. Fuel-consumption is horrendous and getting the 8V to work with the emission-demands of 1989 is not an easy task. One shows up for sale here almost every day...
    MEDLEM 7032.

Liknande ämnen

1. Köpråd 9k classic 98
    Av Mussla i forum Verkstäder, försäkringar och köpråd
    Svar: 5
    Senaste inlägg: 2010-11-16, 13:22
  2. Og 900 Special blir mer special."strul såklart"
    Av lillen 761 i forum Projekt
    Svar: 10
    Senaste inlägg: 2009-02-24, 23:21
  3. Svar: 163
    Senaste inlägg: 2006-11-16, 00:05