Resultat 1 till 7 av 7

Ämne: Fixing gearbox

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2005

Fixing gearbox

Hi!

My gearbox in classic 900 is starting to make whining noise on idle and 5th gear. Where is the best place in Sweden to have gearbox rebuild/fixed and what are the approx. costs?

Regards,
    TraSh.
    TraSh
    '98 900NG Talladega
    '91 900 Aero Convertible

Individuell mappning
    Reg.datum
    feb 2003
    Is it an OG900 (79-93) and not the car in your signature?

Either way one tip (can't guarantee that it's the best though) is to contact EBB.

On this page they sell a rebuilt 5 speed gearbox for 5000 SEK.

Good luck!

Edit: Another tip might be ETT Erikssons Transmissions Teknik aka "Växellådsjörgen"".
    9000 2.3t A50 -97
    .."If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2005
    Thanks a lot! Yes, this is for OG900. My second Saab is '91 convertible Aero/SPG.
    I think however that my gearbox is dying - started to make SSSZZZZZZ kind of noice on idle. Similar noise can be heard on 5th gear as well. When I press the clutch the sounds goes away. Sounds like a transmission to me. Any ideas?
    TraSh
    '98 900NG Talladega
    '91 900 Aero Convertible

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2005
    Also does any one of you have personal experience with any of those companies? I mean, gearboxes are known weaknesses of OG900. Surely some of you must have had it rebuilt/fixed.
    TraSh
    '98 900NG Talladega
    '91 900 Aero Convertible

Citat Ursprungligen postat av TraSh
    Thanks a lot! Yes, this is for OG900. My second Saab is '91 convertible Aero/SPG.
    I think however that my gearbox is dying - started to make SSSZZZZZZ kind of noice on idle. Similar noise can be heard on 5th gear as well. When I press the clutch the sounds goes away. Sounds like a transmission to me. Any ideas?
    Hi.
    Sound like the clutch release bearing is a bit worn. If the noise disapears when clutch's engaged I mean. Usually doesn't matter except for that anoying niose . Any knowledge when last clutch overhaul was made ?
    900S-90, 99GL-74, 99EMS-76, 99-77LE, 99-78GLs, 99-82GL

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2005
    I bought the car last year, so it's hard for me to say. If it would be clutch release bearing, then wouldn't the sound be there when I press the clutch pedal and not the other way around? At the moment the sound's there on idle. When I press the clutch pedal it goes away.
    TraSh
    '98 900NG Talladega
    '91 900 Aero Convertible

Citat Ursprungligen postat av TraSh
    I bought the car last year, so it's hard for me to say. If it would be clutch release bearing, then wouldn't the sound be there when I press the clutch pedal and not the other way around? At the moment the sound's there on idle. When I press the clutch pedal it goes away.
    Hi.
    That annoying noice first appears when clutch isn't engaged, then as the bearing deteriorite it'll be heard even when engaged and then, if you're unlucky the bearing will collapse or almost explode. But the bearing can last many months or even a year from the sound appears until total failure. It does not help to apply any grease either, only thing you'll accomplish is to get grease on the clutch. Bearing is greased before final assembly of the bearing thus no meaning in greasing it. What you could try though is to take off the clutch's plastic cover and find out how much ware the bearing have. If there's just a little wear you'll probably be ok for a while.
    I asked if you knew when last clutch overhaul were because if you're planning to replace the bearing either yourself or at a workshop you should consider replacing the clutch and slave cylinder aswell. The parts cost are marginal, but the work takes many hours and if it's done by a workshop you should replace all parts at that time so that you don't get a clutch problem in near future. And have to pay for another day at the workshop.
    A great site in english for DYI is http://www.twinsaabs.com/

Johan
    900S-90, 99GL-74, 99EMS-76, 99-77LE, 99-78GLs, 99-82GL

Liknande ämnen

1. check gearbox lampa 900 2.3 -97
    Av skogsvägsraggarn i forum Chassi, bromsar och transmission
    Svar: 1
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-05-19, 21:43
  2. Check Gearbox 95a
    Av dalamala i forum Chassi, bromsar och transmission
    Svar: 10
    Senaste inlägg: 2008-06-11, 21:31