Resultat 1 till 7 av 7

Ämne: Viggen upgrade

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    sep 2005

Viggen upgrade

In my considerable time researching Saabs on the internet, I've noted that the craziest and most fearless tuners of Saabs are in Sweden. This should come as no surprise, really.

So......I'm thinking of maybe upgrading my Viggen. It's fun as it is, but I'd like a little more from it if I can do it cost-effectively.

A few questions then, in the hope that some of you mad Swedes may be able to give me some reliable advice:

1/ Should I upgrade the handling before chipping the car? I figure there's little point in harnessing more power if the chassis etc can't handle it. Correct?

2/ If so, your recommendations. I'm thinking about getting Abbott's Viggen Rescue Kit. The price seems right, though I'm more than willing to listen to alternatives (must be RHD capable though)

3/ Tuner kits. For ease of use, I've been thinking about the BSR unit that just plugs into the port under the steering wheel. The ability to easily change back to stock setup may be important for insurance reasons. The price seems right on that, too. Any other suggestions?

All help appreciated. Gee I wish I could read Swedish. I'm getting better, but it's a very slow process!!

Grundladd
    Reg.datum
    apr 2005

Re: Viggen upgrade

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Swade99
    In my considerable time researching Saabs on the internet, I've noted that the craziest and most fearless tuners of Saabs are in Sweden. This should come as no surprise, really.

So......I'm thinking of maybe upgrading my Viggen. It's fun as it is, but I'd like a little more from it if I can do it cost-effectively.

A few questions then, in the hope that some of you mad Swedes may be able to give me some reliable advice:

1/ Should I upgrade the handling before chipping the car? I figure there's little point in harnessing more power if the chassis etc can't handle it. Correct?

2/ If so, your recommendations. I'm thinking about getting Abbott's Viggen Rescue Kit. The price seems right, though I'm more than willing to listen to alternatives (must be RHD capable though)

3/ Tuner kits. For ease of use, I've been thinking about the BSR unit that just plugs into the port under the steering wheel. The ability to easily change back to stock setup may be important for insurance reasons. The price seems right on that, too. Any other suggestions?

All help appreciated. Gee I wish I could read Swedish. I'm getting better, but it's a very slow process!!
    Hi there, first of all, great car you have I've rebuilt my car into a viggen complete with all the parts that differ from a normal 9-3. BUT I have to say that it's getting harder every day to find a Viggen that isn't tampered with. This is sad because the Viggen basicly is the only real top of the line that Saab had since the Griffin models went out of production. I wouldn't change anything on your car if I were you, like I said the untoutched viggens, the are pretty hard to find.

To answer your questions:
    1. YES
    2. The Abbotts viggen rescue kit is a great kit for a resonable amount of money, I'd go for that.
    3. BSR have pretty good products but I'd go for Nordic Uhr or SQR. From what I've heard they have more experience with Saab engines. I might be wrong...

But let me say it again. Please keep your viggen as it is, they are hard enough to find in an original shape and they're worth much more if they are kept as they are...

Best of luck to you!
    /Tim
    SAAB 9-5 SC Griffin 2010, Maptun Steg 4 ~ 330 hk

Helt original
    Reg.datum
    dec 2005
    9-3 aero sportcombi. Lite "tunad"
    http://www.garaget.org/Pekkis
    Livet är inte bara en lek det är en dans på rosor också!

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    sep 2005
    Thanks Tim.

I guess that's why I'm thinking of the BSR software upgrade. It's easily reversible. The Abbott VRK can only enhance the driving experience from what I've read, so that shouldn't detract from the car at all.

I'll keep the car as original possible, don't worry. There's no way I'd change the beautiful interior etc. Just a little extra oomph would be fun.

Helt original
    Reg.datum
    sep 2005
    I don't know where in australia you live but i would advise you to visit maptun http://www.maptun.com/suppliers.php?cy=str_australia

It can be hard to send stuff around the world if something isn't right with the software or hardware. Navigate on their homepage and find the solution that suits you.

Your engine insurence will NOT be valid if you tune your car by BSR either so you have to sign an extra insurence for your engine.
    Saablös.
    BMW 335iA Coupé DKG

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jul 2003
    and look, a visit from Mr Tasmania :-)
    Nice to see you here and good luck with the upgrades.
    Cheers / Mats
    //Mats Karlsson, Vargön.

Saab 9-5 SC Vector 2008

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    sep 2005
    Hey Mats!! Thought I'd run into you here sometime.

Shouldn't you be working right now???

I think the upgrade might be a little time coming now. Had some bad money news this week, so unless a miracle happens the Viggen will have to stay as stock for a little while longer.

Liknande ämnen

1. OG 900 Trionic 5.5 upgrade
    Av Javier de Andrés i forum International SAAB related talk
    Svar: 1
    Senaste inlägg: 2012-05-28, 22:15
  2. Kopplingsbyte/upgrade OG-93
    Av SaabKillen i forum Chassi, bromsar och transmission
    Svar: 23
    Senaste inlägg: 2006-04-25, 20:40
  3. as1 upgrade till min 9-5a
    Av Henke_Vector i forum Ljud och elektricitet
    Svar: 2