Resultat 1 till 3 av 3

Ämne: Hello from Kanada

Hello from Kanada

Hej - bought my first SAAB 1984 Turbo (Originally European delivery to England) from a neighbour in 1996. It was "dead", engine seized, etc. when I bought it, but it was a project so I brought it back to life (with eventual help my my wife's cousin, a mechanic from Ireland). I don't remember any indication on it, but it was a 4 door, black 900. I was tired and I only drove it for two years then sold it when I moved to Sweden for two years (Stockholm with Ericsson Radio AB). Things I loved about the car:
    - the way it looked - loved the four door 900 sedan
    - the sound - had the best burble, especially at idle returning to idle. Being a turbo it still sounded nice when driving
    - the transverse engine/front drive layout - neat the way the car "twisted" a bit when revved and not in gear

Two years in Stockholm was great (mostly, although we missed the light in winter and family eventually brought us back to Canada). Had some Swedish friends who we met in Canada but moved back to Stockholm while we were there, so we got to do midsommar and krafter (sp) party. Unfortunately I have lost much of the little Swedish I learned.

The reason that I have started trolling SAAB groups again is I just bought a 2005 9-5 demo - pick it up on Wednesday. Looking forward to getting out of my 1992 Acura Integra (I don't think they were ever sold in Sweden). Hopefully I won't need as many repair tips as I did on my last SAAB!!!

Trevilg Helg!!!

Jim

Steg 3
    Reg.datum
    feb 2003
    Welcome!
    Always nice with Saab lovers in other countries

Grundladd
    Reg.datum
    apr 2005
    Medlem#
    Nice to hear that you have bought a SAAB!

I have also a og900 and it was running in Canada like a test car for Saab.
    But after that the car was moved back to Sweden again... Lucky me
    //Henrik_T16_Move_Your_Mind
    900_T16 9-5_Aero_Hirsch

Liknande ämnen

1. Svar: 0
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-04-10, 19:34
  2. Vad får vi inte missa i Kanada / Calgary?
    Av Brainy i forum Off Topic
    Svar: 0
    Senaste inlägg: 2010-09-04, 13:51
  3. Sida med begagnade bilar från Kanada
    Av lol i forum Allmänt
    Svar: 2
    Senaste inlägg: 2009-09-28, 22:37

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg