Resultat 1 till 5 av 5

Ämne: 9-5 Aero styrbox

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    okt 2005

9-5 Aero styrbox

Hej!

I would like somebody to explain the difference between Aero ECU and LPT model ECU (styrbox)?

Is it possible to change non-Aero styrbox to Aero one? Will it give somekind of advantage if I change current ECU with Aero one, and is there anything to look out when buying a used Aero ECU?

I myself think that as I do not have TCS on my car, 2.3 LPT SE 2001, which all Aeros have it would give somekind of error code immediately and there probably are more differences that make this change impossible.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    okt 2005
    Doesn't anyone know about Aero ECU

I'd be very glad if someone could eplain the risks behind this change.

Steg 3
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    Apart from different programs (or mappings) there are some significant differences in the hardware setup in an Aero compared to a 2,3t LPT. An Aero ECU can be "married" (with some extra wizardry...) to your car but your hardware will be working its ass off to be able to deliver the amount of boost, torque and power that the ECU request. The result will, at best, only be a blown turbocharger. At worst...well, there are a lot of things that can brake...

Changing the hardware to Aero-spec. is no problem, given that you know which hardware to change. There are a lot of information about this on this forum but only in swedish, i'm afraid...

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    okt 2005
    Thanks for reply!
    I actually can dig some swedish but quite poorly, studied it back in highschool.

Anyway, as I can see also from your car, you've changed regular styrbox to Aero one, and also changed to Aero turbo.

Well I will also change the Garrett turbo to Aero turbo and thought that by changing the styrbox I will be able to increase effekt and vridmoment to match Aero models.

Am I thinking right?

Steg 3
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    It might be that there are a few other hardware changes to be done on your car but I'm not sure... All I know is that on my car, which is a MY02, all I had to do was to change turbo and ECU. You should make sure that there are (or aren't) any more hardware changes before you install the new ECU.

The good thing is that when you're done you will have a car that looks like a 2,3t but moves as an Aero.

Liknande ämnen

1. 9-3 aero -01 styrbox
    Av gosarn i forum Pryltorget säljes
    Svar: 0
    Senaste inlägg: 2014-05-07, 22:29
  2. passar styrbox från en 01- 9-5 aero på en 04 9-5 aero(
    Av patrik eklund i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 6
    Senaste inlägg: 2010-04-05, 18:06
  3. Styrbox 9-5 Aero -02 ESP i 9-5 -98 2,3T?
    Av 170KJ i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 9
    Senaste inlägg: 2007-10-23, 08:16
  4. 9-5 aero styrbox i 2,3 170hk bil????
    Av Tommy F i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 3
    Senaste inlägg: 2005-11-27, 11:09

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg