Resultat 1 till 9 av 9

Ämne: Fitting Saab 900 ecu in an 9-3

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2005

Fitting Saab 900 ecu in an 9-3

Is it possible to fit an ecu from an '96 900 turbo in an '99 9-3 LPT (also trionic 5). I know I need a tech2 to connect the ecu to my 9-3.

Mark

Individuell mappning
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Hi,

That will not work in terms of software. Hardwarewise, the two ECU's are compatible, but you will need an appropriate software in the '96 ECU first. My recommendation would be to use the '96 ECU to send to a tuner of your choice and ask them to inject some vitamins into it.

I assume you're looking for a "quick fix" to get some extra power...

Best regards,

KK
    Saablös efter att nu ha avslutat Projekt Skattesmitaren v. 2.0, en 9-3 SC BioPower Aero med Steg 5+. Bruksar numera vit BMW X3, busar runt i gul Mini Cooper S Cab och sätter skräck i V8-åkarna i skärgården med en svart 304 hk Yamaha SHO.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2005
    That's was the idea.

I hoped i worked, there where some people that told me the ecu should work in an 9-3. They said the ecu's are the same, the difference was in the electronics of the car. The only thing that had to be done was to couple the new ecu with the car.

What is the difference in software?

My plans are to first fit a different intercooler, than an 3" JT, than safe money for a Maptun Stage 3. In the meantime the 185HP is to keep myself satisfied.

Individuell mappning
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av MXL
    My plans are to first fit a different intercooler, than an 3" JT, than safe money for a Maptun Stage 3. In the meantime the 185HP is to keep myself satisfied.
    I would suggest to mods in this order instead:

- better intercooler (always money well spent, especially on the NG900)
    - Maptun stage 1
    - 3" JT
    - upgrade to Maptun stage 3 software (will not cost you more than an extra 50 Euro or so to upgrade from stage 1 to stage 3).

Best regards,

KK
    Saablös efter att nu ha avslutat Projekt Skattesmitaren v. 2.0, en 9-3 SC BioPower Aero med Steg 5+. Bruksar numera vit BMW X3, busar runt i gul Mini Cooper S Cab och sätter skräck i V8-åkarna i skärgården med en svart 304 hk Yamaha SHO.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2005
    Went to the dealer today with the 900 ecu. Ask them if they could try to couple the ecu to my 9-3, the told me that this couldn't work, in my oppinion it should work, so i asked them to try. After explaining several times that it was at my own risk the did it.

Ans guess what, it worked!!!

Now i'm still waiting for my apc solenoid valve, so i still have 150hp, but the ecu works!

So the only thing that happens, is that the twice reads the serialnumber from the ecu, there is nothing different between the ecu's.

Steg 2
    Reg.datum
    maj 2004
    While on subject,
    KK > Why is it especially recommended för the ng900? To swap intercooler first of all?

I thought that the Stage 1-tune (whichever-tuner) could run on original hardware?
    mvh Johan Kullberg

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    aug 2005
    The dualpass intercooler of the 900 and earlier 9-3 has a terrible airflow. In practise this means that the air that comes out of the intercooler is warmer. Upgrading your car with a new ecu (stage 1,2 or 3) means that more air under higher pressure will flow through the IC, this air comes out really hot, and enters the engine really hot. This will result in poor performance and a hotter engine.

You can use a stage 1 with the original IC, but it is better to upgrade.

Steg 2
    Reg.datum
    maj 2004
    I know how the IC works, but I didn't know that the original one was so poorly coolant. Thanks for the reply MXL.
    mvh Johan Kullberg

Steg 5
    Reg.datum
    feb 2003
    I would go for the Nordic Stage III from start..... probably the best program on the market for that car...... (and yes, change the IC)
    -|- When powerful enough just isn't powerful enough! -|-
    Saab 9³ Coupé Trionic 5 "TwinPipe" Nordic Uhr AB Extreme +510hk 100-150km/h = 2,95s
    Veteranaren: BMW 525 E12 -75

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •