Resultat 1 till 12 av 12

Ämne: EURO 4 Emissions Certificate for 2000-05 SAAB 9-5

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    dec 2010

EURO 4 Emissions Certificate for 2000-05 SAAB 9-5

First of all excuse me that I write in english here.

Because of the environmental restrictions that are being implemented in spanish towns and cities I can no longer use my MY02 9-5 SW 2.3t (B235E) in lots of places.

As you probably know all 2000 to 2009 Saab 9-5s comply with EURO 4.

A 2001 Saab 9-5 2.3t has two lambda sensors, the same catalyst, engine and gearbox than a 2008 Saab 9-5 2.3t.

The problem lies that EURO 4 was only mandatory from 2006 on, so the EU environment bureaucrats have only classified the 2006 to 2009 B2X5 Saab 9-5s as EURO-4.

The 2000 to 2005 2.3t and 2.0t 9-5s were classified as EURO 3.

Does someone on here have a 2000-05 Saab 9-5 with the 2.3 liter engine with an EURO 4 environmental classification?

If so could you send a copy of the EURO - 4 certification /documentation for this model?

I love my Saab and it would be an absolute shame having to scrap it, it has zero rust (always in a garage) and loses no oil at all.

Thanks in advance

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    I'd say that is impossible. EURO4 was introduced from MY05.
    There are differences in the ECU software to make the car EURO4 compliant.

Individuell mappning
    Reg.datum
    maj 2003
    Medlem#
    The catalytic converter differs somewhat. At least the partnumbers are changed.

There are 6 different partnumber changes from 1998-2001, then it settles i bit.
    2002-2003 uses 5323969
    2004-2005 uses 5466289
    2007-2010 uses 55559798

This also goes for manual transmission gearboxes, and also EMS software as mentioned above.

If you could somehow equip your car with all components from a EUR4 vehicle then you would be better off with starting a discussion and perhaps get an exception. Before then you cannot state that your vehicle is EUR4 compliant.
    9000 A50 2.0t -97 bruksbilen
    9000 CSE 2.3T -95 pysselbilen
    9000 -85 projektet som spelar död

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    dec 2010
    Thanks for your answer.

Let me clarify this.

In many EU countries (Netherlands and Spain at least) cars made from 1.1.2006 were classified as EURO 4 while the same car who had a registration plate one week before was classified as EURO 3.

The list is seriously flawed and this is where against current driving restrictions in many cities and towns, sometimes you need an emissions certificate from the builder or Saab Parts (HEDIN) to prove your case.

Mine is a MY02 B235E.

Going by WIS only the gear box ratio for the 2007+ B205E was made slightly longer (B205E MY06 stayed the same and was also clasiffied as EURO - 4).

The parts numbers for the catalyst are different, but is the 2006-09 really more restrictive than the 2002-05?

For most SAAB parts in the past I have found 2 or 3 different numbers for exactly the same part.

Skandix sells the same catalyst for all 01-09:

https://www.skandix.de/de/fahrzeug-t...sator/1043170/

If Saab Parts (HEDIN) wants to sell Saab Parts they should help keeping Saab cars on the road by issuing emission certificates too. Environmental restrictions will only get worse.

I have contacted them and no help at all with getting an emissions certificate based on the VIN. Very dissapointing.

If I need an emissions certification for a Mercedes or VW/Audi, I will have it in less than 3 days.
    Senast redigerat av oviedo den 2024-02-07 klockan 21:01.

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    Although I understand your frustration, this ain't gonna happen.

SAAB needed to do new emissions tests to prove that the cars where EURO4 compliant, it has nothing to do with the MY of the car per se.
    EURO4 went into effect in january 2005, and was required for all cars sold within the EU from january 2006. Although the differences are small, SAAB did do changes both to hardware and software to pass EURO4 emissions test (and they had to do the test to prove it). Since MY06 went on sale autumn 2005, it makes perfectly sense that MY06 is the first EURO4-compliant 9-5.

I was thinking that maybe BSR's emissions standards approved E85 convertion would be a possibility, but it is no longer sold, and I can't find more info on that.

The only possible company I can think of with the resources to pull off a EURO4 conversion is Hirsch Performance, but I don't think they are interested as there are too few non-EURO4-SAABs to actually cater to.

BSR was only for MY04 and it was expensive as hell to develop. Doing Emissions testing costs a couple of millions to do.

Fun fact is that B2X5 with modern injectors etc would pass Euro 6 without a hitch!

Saab 9-5 Aero 2011 2.0T (A20NFT) - 220HK/350nm
    6 växlad Automat
    Projekttråd: Nico's Sista Saab

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    dec 2010
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av bollman Visa inlägg
    Although I understand your frustration, this ain't gonna happen.

With most petrol german cars made around 2001-05, you ask the builder for an EURO4 emissions certificate, and most of them appear as EURO 3 but were already compliant with EURO 4, you get your emission certification in less than 7 days.

With the EURO4 emissions cert you go to the TÜV / MOT /ITV (bilprovning?) and they change that directly. It is as easy as that.

It does surprise me that the MY02-05 does not comply with Euro 4 (at least in the UK MY03 9-5s were already classed as Euro 4).

The frustration comes because my 9-5 was garaged all her 21 years, and spent all her life in a mild climate with no salt on the roads, there´s zero rust, I have spent thousands to keep it in excellent condition, hoping to keep it like people today keep an OG900 in excellent shape.

These emissions restrictions will be in place for 50K+ towns in 2026 too. It´s the end for this car.

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    That sounds quite implausible. EURO4 emissions standards where mandatory from MY06 and was ratified in 2002. Maybe, maybe if they somehow can prove that the emission test were made with equipment approved for EURO4 and emissions are under EURO4 limits then it can be done. But still, SAAB is no more and the paperwork for those emission tests are long gone.
    But, it will only give you 1-2 years tops, anyways. Next stop EURO5 which impose a new limits: NMHC and particulates. Those were not parts of EURO4 or earlier so they were not measured and so, cannot be applied to older vehicles.
    Also, are you sure the limit is for petrol cars too? Most cities ban older diesel cars, but not petrol cars. Do you have any links where I can read about that?

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    dec 2010
    https://www.motorpasion.com/industri...as-respondidas

You cannot get into Madrid or Barcelona and other cities with an Euro 3 petrol car anymore.

This will apply soon for +50K towns too.

Spain was the 4th sales market in the world for Saab, lots of Saabs in good shape. No road salt, 15-23 ºC all year here in the north coast.

MB will give you an Euro 4 emissions cert for a 2002 E-Class in 4 days.

Audi won´t even charge you.

With EURO4 and a LPG install you can get the ECO label on the windshield, then you could drive your 9-5 at least for the next 10 years.

No chance at all with the Euro 3.

https://www.ircongas.com/como-solici...ehiculo-a-glp/

At least in Spain and the Netherlands, cars emissions were classed by date.
    Senast redigerat av Moderator den 2024-02-09 klockan 08:40. Anledning: No point in quoting the whole text when the post comes right after what is quoted

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    I knew about Madrid and Barcelona. I don’t really understand why anoyone would even think about driving there anyway though
    Be happy that they put the requirements that low. Stockholm has decided to go with more or less EV-only (no hybrids allowed even), and no oldtimer exceptions.

Question is if they really will stop at EURO4 for more than a year or 2. No SAAB has EURO6, which means that it will soon be impossible to drive a SAAB anywhere near a town.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    dec 2010
    It´s the city of Greta Thunberg, what can you expect?

The problem here is they are going to apply that in 2026 for small towns who have more than 50.000 inhabitants. Not getting a Euro 4 certification is basically a death sentence for this car

https://i.postimg.cc/3xXhnXhq/380285...80135411-n.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/gjLjJxhP/279127...33560238-n.jpg

What´s the footprint of scraping this and producing a new car?

Seriously, the EU is digging its own grave with its ecohysteria

Steg 5
    Reg.datum
    feb 2006
    The main issue when comparing manufacturers is that MB and Audi are still alive. Saab is long gone. Hedin today is just a spareparts company.

1 användare gillar detta inlägg

Liknande ämnen

1. Certificate of Conformity - Saab 900 Turbo US
    Av Michaeldk i forum Allmänt
    Svar: 8
    Senaste inlägg: 2019-04-13, 17:22
  2. Saab T7 Instrument cluster as a Euro Truck Simulator 2 realtime Dashboard
    Av Alphamannen i forum International SAAB related talk
    Svar: 2
    Senaste inlägg: 2016-11-16, 09:26
  3. Saab og900 cab, 1500 Euro
    Av ReinO i forum Allmänt