Resultat 1 till 5 av 5

Ämne: Very slow spool-up

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    okt 2004

Very slow spool-up

Hi all,
    I hope someone can shed some light on my problem!

I have a 2.0ltr 9000 with T28 3" d/pipe and highflow intercooler, I have recently fitted a Nordic custom ECU rated at 300hp. Since fitting this ECU I have had boost problems, the programme allows for 1.4bar of boost however I am hitting overboost at 1.5bar, sometimes it will only go as high as 1.4 but it will immediatly drop down to 1.0bar.
    If I refit my speedparts stage 4 ECU it will now do the same as the Nordic ECU.
    I did notice that my base boost was set too high at 0.6bar I have reduced it to 0.4 but still I get the same problems, also the spool up has changed, power would come in at around 2800rpm that has changed to almost 3500rpm I also tried using a manual boost controller this did help the over boost problem but did not reduce the spool up so I reverted back to using the APC valve.

I have today changed the actuator spring as I guessed that it was not able to hold boost, it will now hold boost above 1.0bar. I checked the base boost which is again too high approx. 0.7bar Ok this I can lower to 0.4 again but spool up has become even worse, power does not kick in until after 4300rpm and will hit over boost at just over 5000rpm.

I have spoken to Nordic about this problem and they said they could lower the boost in the programme however I am not sure this is the problem as my speedparts ECU was fine before I changed to the custom one.

Any thoughts!

Steve

Steg 3 Stoffe #2959s avatar
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Medlem#
    Sounds like you have some kind of HW-problems. Like a leaking hose or something like that. How is the MV? They tend to give overboost problems. It is not uncommon that the intercooler breaks when boost rises above 1,5 bar. When did you change the sparkplugs last time and what brand/type do you use?

Regards Stoffe

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    okt 2004
    Changed all vacume hose's today (with clips) just to make sure...(not map sensor hose).
    Intercooler is the high flow one from speedparts...only 6 months old.
    Sparkplugs are NGK BCR8ES changed 2 months ago.

What is an MV?

Steve

Steg 3 Stoffe #2959s avatar
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Medlem#
    Most peple recomend using the BCPR7ES-11 plugs for your kind of power, but using the 8-model should not cause the problems you are having.
    MV is the APC-valve also called magnetic valve.
    How is the spool up when you disconnect the battery for ten minutes? If it is good the first few accelerations, then there is something wrong that makes Trionic lower the ignition timing which causes slow spool up. I myself had a leak on a hose on my ng900 and it showed as slow spool up. If the exhaust system gets bad (stuffed) it can also cause slow spool up.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    okt 2004
    Well today I disconected the ECU for 20 mins. After reconnecting I checked again for hose leaks whilst doing so I noticed a leak between the down pipe and turbo (a loose nut) took it for a spin after tightening, it has improved the spool up slightly now down to about 3500rpm, still hitting overboost...possibly due to high base boost!
    Decided to fit the MBC to see if that would help, I am now holding a steady 1.3bar but spool up is still very slow.

I also removed the intake pipe on the turbo to check for any play in the shaft, felt fine.

Steve

Liknande ämnen

1. Fundering kring långsam spool-up OG9-3
    Av Heuschmid i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 6
    Senaste inlägg: 2009-03-22, 21:46
  2. turbo val/spool up m.m
    Av David_9000cse2,3t-96 i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 15
    Senaste inlägg: 2007-09-12, 22:05
  3. Gt28 spool-up ?
    Av Dopefish i forum Allmänt
    Svar: 2
    Senaste inlägg: 2007-02-25, 14:40
  4. Vilken Turbo ska man välja för snabb spool-up ?
    Av SuperFaCeR i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 31
    Senaste inlägg: 2006-07-18, 19:36
  5. Tappat spool-up och laddtryck
    Av Lingo i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 16
    Senaste inlägg: 2006-07-18, 16:45

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg