Resultat 1 till 3 av 3

Ämne: Saab T7 Instrument cluster as a Euro Truck Simulator 2 realtime Dashboard

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jun 2015
    Medlem#

Saab T7 Instrument cluster as a Euro Truck Simulator 2 realtime Dashboard

After a lot of research, trail and error i've finally manage to make my arduino control my old Saab Instrument Cluster (MIU) to some extent.

So far it works with the speedometer, rev counter, water temp, fuel level aswell as lights for day running lights, full beam, hand brake and oil pressure. And all of it is synced to the game Euro Truck Simulator 2 meaing the instrument displays realtime data from the game. This only works for Euro Truck Simulator 2 sadly. But it does work at least.

In Use.jpg2016-11-14 17.22.48.jpg

Credit for the part of the programming that is done on the computer side goes to Silas Parker (http://skyhisi.blogspot.se/2013/09/e...type-real.html) who made a plugin to the game that sends the ingame data to a microcontroller called an Arduino.

I made the arduino send the appropriate fequency (speed) and voltage (fuel) to the MIU aswell as hooking it up to a few relays to electronically control the info and warning lights. The rev-counter and water temperature data is sent to the MIU via the CANBUS using a module for the arduino.

I posted the pictures from above to the STCS Facebook page and based on the extremely positive and supportive response i got on there i decided to make a tutorial for how to make it yourself.
    However it will only work with an older T7 MIU and the game Euro Truck Simulator 2 so it's more a fun thing to do if you have the resourses rather than something usefull (UNLESS you're making a simulator setup for only this game).

It's theoretically possible to make it work with other games but then you need to talk to Silas Parker (link above) who made that part of the programming. But the software as it is now only supports ETS2.

I'm gonna post a rar-file with the files and (hopefully simple enaugh) instructions needed to make this work if you have the hardware (which i've also fully listed in the instruction).

I dont claim to be a programmer, i've simply looked up what does what and somehow managed to make the Arduino script work, it's not a nice script but if you wish to improve it, you're free to. If you improve the code or instruction in any way yourself please repost it in this thread and list the changes you've made so we all can share your improvements.
    otherwise this is a forum for feedback on my work and a chance to give ideas on how i could for example improve my instructions to make them simpler for anyone trying this. Also ideas of features to add is fully welcome.
    I'd also love to see pictures of your setups if anyone is crazy enaugh to try this.

My future plan for this project so far is to get an other CANBUS Module and hack the I-Bus aswell making for example the indicators work aswell as some other stuff. Also adding a SID to the i bus for ingame info is on the table.

Play safe!

(Faild to upload the file here so i'll make a link using dropbox) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...U%20Plugin.rar

9 användare gillar detta inlägg

Senast redigerat av Alphamannen den 2016-11-16 klockan 12:18.

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    Um, exactly what trucks are you driving that makes 130-140km/h??

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jun 2015
    Medlem#
    Heh, i've modded the game a bit and dissabled the speed liniter of course. It's more fun that way, in my mind at least... The important thing is the saab instrument. But since you ask, it's a scania (dont remember which one), as close to saab as you can get with a truck

Liknande ämnen

1. Svar: 2
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-10-05, 16:59
  2. Saab og900 cab, 1500 Euro
    Av ReinO i forum Allmänt
    Svar: 7
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-06-22, 15:40
  3. Någon som spelar Euro truck simulator?
    Av mickeopel i forum Off Topic
    Svar: 8
    Senaste inlägg: 2009-01-12, 23:41

Taggar för det här ämnet

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •