Resultat 1 till 5 av 5

Ämne: Någon skillnad på T7 toppar genom åren

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    apr 2003

Någon skillnad på T7 toppar genom åren

Hej. Någon som vet om det ändrats något på T7 topparna genom åren?
    Eller är det precis samma från 98-10?

Helt original wille61s avatar
    Reg.datum
    mar 2013
    Medlem#
    Biopower topparna har rostfria insugsventiler samt ventilsäten i annat material bl.a. Sen är det små skillnader på kamaxlarna, tex B235R är lite värre än B205E/L/R om jag inte missminner mig, men skillnaderna är så små att det är lika bra att gå på N/A kamaxlar från äldre motorer (B234i/B202)

Individuell mappning
    Reg.datum
    feb 2005
    Medlem#
    Ventilerna skiljer i utformning på tidiga utföranden till 2000, sedan finns materialskillnader beroende på prestanda/motorvolym. Här finns info från EPC (notera dock att detta rör sig om reservdelar och inte vad som sattes dit från början): https://www.esaabparts.com/viewparts...tion=315066255

1 användare gillar detta inlägg

9-5 2.3t SC 2005
    9-5 2.3t SC 2000, 60000+ mil
    9000 CSE 2.3T -93
    9000 CSE 2.3t -96

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    apr 2003
    Ok, tack för svaren.

Steg 3
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Medlem#
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av wille61 Visa inlägg
    Biopower topparna har rostfria insugsventiler samt ventilsäten i annat material bl.a. Sen är det små skillnader på kamaxlarna, tex B235R är lite värre än B205E/L/R om jag inte missminner mig, men skillnaderna är så små att det är lika bra att gå på N/A kamaxlar från äldre motorer (B234i/B202)
    Vart påståendet om att BioPower modellerna skulle ha rostfria insugsventiler kommer ifrån vet jag inte, men det man ändrade var material i säten och ytbehandling av inloppsventilerna. Topplocket i sig ska dock vara samma och inte som hos Ecotec motorn där BioPower toppen gjöts i en annan aluminiumlegering då bensintoppen sprack då man körde på etanol.

Ett papper om Ecotec motorn från GM Powertrain Europe beskriver detta med ventilerna mer i detalj

Regarding the valves, the positive experience from the Fam III, SAAB 95, BioPower engine
    was utilized. A holistic approach is vital in that the valve and the valve seat cannot be
    selected separately, valve parameters interact with valve seat insert material properties.
    During model year 2006 the inlet valve supplied by TRW had previously been upgraded on
    the 2.0 ECOTEC turbo gasoline engine, incorporating a stiffer valve head. For the
    BioPower application, the valve was further modified in that the chrome plating of the valve
    stem was replaced by a full nitriding of the entire valve. The removal of the chrome plating
    of the valve stem to a large extent offset the extra cost of nitriding.

A concern with the nitriding was that the hardness of the induction hardened valve tip end
    would be reduced during the nitriding process. This in turn could lead to extensive tip end
    wear on the valve resulting from the high, localized, contact forces applied by the roller
    finger follower. In engine testing it was found that the nitrided layer was robust enough to
    protect for the lower hardness base material. The nitrided valve is currently being
    considered for introduction into the pure gasoline variant of the engine.

The exhaust valve selected was again a carry-over item, this time from the 2.0L SIDI turbo
    engine. The valve is sodium cooled with a Nimonic valve head without seat hard facing. It
    features an upgraded valve tip material with increased hardenability to better withstand
    valve tip end wear.

Given the existing valve seat insert material, it was known from previous engine programs
    that substituting a Nimonic valve without a hardened seat face for a hard faced valve
    would be beneficial in reducing wear. The Nimonic material has a high nickel content and
    the wear reduction is achieved by increasing the dissimilarity between the valve material
    and the valve seat material.

Valve Seat Inserts
    The manufacturing strategy was to utilize existing machining equipment at the engine
    plant, thus it was not possible to change valve seat geometry. If possible, it was requested
    to carry over the current ECOTEC valve seat inserts as the machining line was not laid out
    to handle valve seat variants. The baseline valve seat insert materials were Brico 3220 on
    both inlet and exhaust side.
    The majority of the valve recession was related to wear of the valve seat insert.

Parameters contributing to increased valve recession with E85 fuel are amongst others:
    • Dry fuel
    • Cleaner combustion giving less lubricating soot
    • Higher contact forces due to increased combustion pressures
    • Thermal effects, significant cooling of the inlet valve from the increased amount of
    fuel and the increased cooling effect of evaporation of the fuel.
    • Chemical effects, reduced build up of protecting oxide films on the valve and valve
    seat wear surfaces.

The wear can be approximated by a material constant times surface load times sliding
    distance, divided by surface hardness.

The wear is mainly abrasive in nature, the valve head flexes slightly when subjected to the
    combustion pressure and a sliding motion of the valve relative to the valve seat insert is
    developed. A stiffened valve head reduces the flexing, and hence the sliding distance,
    reducing wear despite the resulting increase in surface pressure.
    DOE Valve and Seat Parameters
    A 24 parameter self learning Neural Network (24 parameters: VSI composition, pressure
    load history, valve hardness, valve head stiffness, fuel, guide clearance etc.) was created,
    using empirical recession data from Fam III BioPower as well as ECOTEC.
    By using predictions from the neural network it was possible to quickly rank performance
    of different combinations of valve designs and valve seat materials and narrow down the
    list of candidates, minimizing the number of engine tests as well as reducing the necessary
    number of prototypes.

On the inlet side it was found beneficial to minimize the amount of copper in the inlet valve
    seat insert, and hence the thermal conductivity, offsetting part of the cooling effect of the
    fuel. Increasing the surface hardness of the valve (via nitriding) and selecting a valve seat
    insert material with higher amounts of tungsten, molybdenum and chrome was clearly
    shown to be beneficial for increasing robustness.

Using the Neural Network model to feed an L18 orthogonal array Design Of Experiments
    (DOE) gives the influence of exhaust valve parameters and some selected valve seat
    insert material parameters on robustness and recession resistance. Increasing the signal
    to noise (S/N) ratio increases the robustness of the system.

The three most effective parameters are nitriding of the valve and an increased amount of
    the alloys tungsten and chromium in the valve seat insert. Actually, nitriding the exhaust
    valve was found to be a more effective solution than using Nimonic, but this would have
    meant introduction of yet another part number in the assembly line and was not a viable
    option.

Hardness of the valve seat insert did not have a significant influence in the range surveyed
    for the BioPower application. As on the inlet valve seat insert material, selection of a
    material with increased amounts of tungsten and chromium was beneficial for both
    robustness and wear reduction.

Effects of valve seating velocity and hence seating impact load on valve recession was
    previously investigated on the Fam III BioPower engine, a threefold increase in seating
    velocity was completely masked by the forces of the combustion pressure.

2 användare gillar detta inlägg

Liknande ämnen

1. Har blivit ett antal SAAB-mil genom åren
    Av fiskarlennart i forum Allmänt
    Svar: 19
    Senaste inlägg: 2019-01-11, 00:57
  2. Bakaxel OG900 skillnad mellan åren?
    Av montecarlsson i forum Chassi, bromsar och transmission
    Svar: 2
    Senaste inlägg: 2018-04-29, 12:51
  3. Skillnad i toppar 900 -97 och 9000 -96?
    Av bart112 i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 1
    Senaste inlägg: 2012-03-12, 15:53
  4. og900 - Skillnad på toppar?
    Av nibjo i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 19
    Senaste inlägg: 2009-02-06, 19:04
  5. SAAB:s säkerhet genom åren, Skolarbete..
    Av Weggen i forum Allmänt
    Svar: 6
    Senaste inlägg: 2005-03-05, 00:47

Taggar för det här ämnet

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •