Resultat 1 till 4 av 4

Ämne: Left engine mount does not fit OG9-5 -01

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    dec 2010

Left engine mount does not fit OG9-5 -01

First of all excuse me not writing in swedish here, hope english is not a problem.

I cannot find the original gearbox mount to keep this 11/01 2.3 9-5 going.

There are two versions for the manual gearbox mount in most internet shops. The now offered up to 2001 version has 3 holes on the upper part, and the post 02+ now offered engine mount (ref. 62343714) has an extra hole on the upper part (so 4 in total) but still no extra fixing point on the lower metal frame.

http://www.proparts.se/en/artiklar/e...ount-left-4.ht

The original mount has the upper 4 holes but an extra fixing point on the lower metal frame:

The real fitting problem is not getting this extra fixing point on the lower metal frame with either.

Is reusing the lower metal frame the best chance? It seems impossible to take the rubber from the new mount apart from the lower metal frame without breaking it. Any tips?

Thx in advance
    Senast redigerat av oviedo den 2016-03-05 klockan 13:56.

MacGyver Mr_SunBears avatar
    Reg.datum
    feb 2003
    Medlem#

11/2001 2.3 9-5, left engine mount does not fit

The extra fitting hole you mean is for early aero models with reinforced oil pan. Newer models don't have this that's why you don't have that extra hole. You can remove the parts that shall be mounted in that hole. Have added a pic to show. Just replace the longer bolt with a shorter one in the gearbox/engine. Hope this gives you some answer.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457179294.073913.jpg
    Björn #3471
    Västerås
    Graget.org: Mr_SunBear @ Garaget
    Instagram: mr_sunbears_garage

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    dec 2010
    Ok, I guess it was found out later the pan/gearbox was fine as well without that lower fixing point. I guess the shorter bolt is just to cover the hole left by the old one. Many thanks ^^.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    dec 2010
    After replacing the old mount with the new one (which is different) there´s now a clunky noise when releasing the clutch from stop to first.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSirtGH9CgU

Is the bolt necessary for the gearbox? I felt I wasn´t sure about this job, so left it to the mechanic (no saab mechanic available unfortunately), yet he didn´t want to remove it alltogether. So he left the red portion fitted on the car:

If I remove all that without putting a shorter bolt what will happen to the gearbox?

The torque rod wasn´t replaced yet. The car has 230K km.

Liknande ämnen

1. New battery and replacing front engine mount. OG900
    Av darwinland i forum International SAAB related talk
    Svar: 0
    Senaste inlägg: 2019-04-27, 11:36
  2. Sport transmission mount
    Av Falcy i forum Chassi, bromsar och transmission
    Svar: 8
    Senaste inlägg: 2010-01-28, 14:17
  3. check engine
    Av PH2 i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 17