Resultat 1 till 15 av 15

Ämne: inköp 93 eller 95 Aero

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jul 2013

inköp 93 eller 95 Aero

Hi everyone, I´m new here, I´m an Englishman living in Göteborg who has been bitten by the SAAB bug!! I wanted a family car that was nice to drive long distance but also quick to overtake any Volvo idiots out there :-) Soooo, i ended up with a 95 aero kombi from 2003, done 225.000km. Great car, great fun to drive. But now i want something a bit quicker. But i don´t know much if anything about the 93 aero 2007- 2010! From the little i know about cars, i guess i´ll be getting a Manual and NOT an Automatic. OR???????

Here´s what i´m thinking

Saab 95 Aero 2006 - when ever that last of that series was built 2009/2010 ????

Saab 93 Aero 2006 -2010 250hp V6

Saab 93 Aero 2006-2010 Turbo X

Saab 93 Aero 2006- 2010 280hp V6

My plan is to fix it with Maptun stage 2 including a full bsr exhuast, high grade spark plugs and filter.

Sorry writting in English, still learing swedish!

YES, you can answer in SWEDISH if english is a problem or mix...

Helt original
    Reg.datum
    aug 2014
    The 2.8T on the 9-3 Aero is one hell of a engine from what I've heard. It was very close I got one myself, but the gas mileage made me buy the 2009 2.0T aero instead. On the other hand you can buy them quite cheap since thirsty engines isn't that popular nowadays.

About the choice between 9-5 and 9-3: The 9-5 is obviously bigger, which makes it feels kind of like a boat going round corners compared to the go-cart like 9-3. So if you can do with the 9-3, that'd be (and is) my choice.

The car I would recommend is a 2008-2010 9-3 Aero V6 MT6 front wheel drive (MY2008: 255 bhp, MY2009-2010: 280 bhp). My average is 34 MPG imp (actual). Best 36 MPG. The 6 cyl B284 is much more powerful and refined than the 4 cyl B207.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jul 2013
    I´m not to bothered about the MPG because when you maptun, put on a BSR exhuast, good spark plugs and a better air filter, you get around 270bhp, 440nm and much better mpg. I drove From Sweden to Germany and back in my 95 aero , fully loaded with 42 crates of beer (357kg) and a passenger(90kg), average speed ca 75-80mph and she did 34mpg!

I´ve only tested on 93 which was the 1.9TTID 180bhp, if felt like an opel, yet it did fly around corners.

I´ve also found a 93 Turbo X for good money, but i don´t know if SAAB´s 4 wheel drive or AWD is any good?? Then i would save time and money on tuning up an Aero.

Guess i´ll have to try the 2.8T 93 and see what she´s like :-)

Helt original
    Reg.datum
    aug 2014
    The MPG isn't a very huge deal anyway, compared to all other costs that comes with a new (ish) car. They say that a new Volvo V70 costs about 50 SEK per 10km, and if the engine with a bit more umpf takes 6 more SEK worth of petrol shouldn't be the end of the world.

About the XWD I've only heard good things about it. According to Vi Bilägare, SAAB got to be the leading engineering unit of 4WD systems for all of GM. Here you can read about the xwd system (in Swedish though) : http://www.vibilagare.se/test/biltes...wdturbo-x-4214

Those who have 4WD system SAAB here says that the TurboX software makes some difference to the 4WD system as well. It's said to be much more fun, especially if you like to go sideways. I think you can update the regular XWD to TurboX XWD so it's not a huge deal, but the difference is at least something to take into account when testing the system since there are a few XWD without TurboX out there. Someone with more knowledge in this could probably explain it better though

Individuell mappning Fredrik / 1941s avatar
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Medlem#
    I don't have so much knowledge in the XWD system. But if I'm right, it was a lifetime oil fill in it from the beginning in the XWD-system. But the oil sludged & then there was hiccups in the XWD-system. So now there are scheduled maintenance with oil change. I might not be 100% correct here, so someone with better knowledge in XWD may have to correct something. But anyhow, if looking at a XWD car, make sure it works smooth & that the XWD-oil in the rear axel have been changed on regular basis.

I prefer FWD due to less maintenance.

Helt original
    Reg.datum
    aug 2014
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av Fredrik / 1941 Visa inlägg
    I prefer FWD due to less maintenance.
    And let's not forget, speaking of MPG, that the few times you really need the 4WD is something you have to pay about 1-1.5sek each 10 km in lower milage all year round.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jul 2013
    Well , today i´ve going to try a 2008 TURBO X, I like my space in the 95 so it should be interesting to see how it feels. I´ll go through the service records to see what´s been done.

I have been looking at a 95 aero from 2007. I´m still in two minds about the 4WD business, i want my car to last a few years without any problem.

I´m also not sure if you can tune up a Turbo X or an Aero XWD????

- - - Uppdaterad - - -

Going sideways sound fun :-) I read the test, sounds interesting. I´m going to try a 2008 Tubro x in a couple of hours :-)

Helt original
    Reg.datum
    aug 2014
    Apparently there's something called "eLSD" (electric limited slip diff) that most if not all TurboX XWD have that makes it up to 100% rear wheel drive. But the TurboX software makes it more eager to go sideways from what I've heard, maybe it's because of increased torque limit on the first gear. I'm not sure about the details, but my point is that the XWD comes in a couple of different versions.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jul 2013
    Well, i tested the Turbo X, and yes it can go very much sideways!! It was an automatic. The turbo X was quick of the mark but my 95 seems to be quicker through 2nd and 3rd gear. It was very nice to drive, very different from a 95. I´m starting to wonder what the difference is between a 2.8T V6 Aero AWD and the Turbo X??

Citat Ursprungligen postat av spender Visa inlägg
    I´m starting to wonder what the difference is between a 2.8T V6 Aero AWD and the Turbo X??
    The differences depends on the model year and options of the Aero V6 but some differenses are
    * The "turbo" gauge with the retro style.
    * The customizable SID welcome message.
    * The end tubes of the exhaust.
    * The rear diffuser.
    * The lower front spoiler lip.
    * The Turbo X badges.
    * Less torgue limiting on lower gears.
    * Can't tow a trailer.

Other differences are
    * Ultra sport chassis standard, option on Aero V6.
    * eLSD standard, option on Aero V6.

The "titanium" (instead of chrome), steering Wheel et.c. was unique to the Turbo X in 2008 but was available in the TX package during later model years.

The Aero V6 XWD from 2010 with the TX package, eLSD and ultra sport chassis is very Close to the Turbo X (except the items in the first list) but is more rare than the Turbo X. The Turbo X was only made as model year 2008 and only 175 was intended for the Swedish market. Only 150 Aero V6 XWD was made as model year 2010 (and only for the Swedish market).

Btw, it's XWD, not AWD.
    Saab 9³ SC Aero V6 TX XWD eLSD 2010 Hirsch eSID (som Turbo X men lite bättre och lite ovanligare)

Individuell mappning Fredrik / 1941s avatar
    Reg.datum
    jan 2003
    Medlem#
    As we have seen it is possible to install the Turbo-X engine ECU-software without tourq limiter in a V6 non Turbo-X, like MicEE did a few weeks ago. It is also possible to get the welcome message.

It is possible to tune a B284 V6 engine. But there are things to consider like better Intercooler, air intake, exhaust & so...

Some tuners that have upgraded V6 software
    http://www.maptun.se/tuningGuide.php...&listorder=126
    http://www.vtunerperformance.com/?page_id=14
    http://www.jzwbmwtuning.com/product-...saab-products/

The Hirsch Performance V6 upgrade kit for B284R/280, is unfortunately not produced any more.

Btw, use 9-3 & 9-5 instead og 93 & 95 , when discussing the modern SAAB models

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jul 2013
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av Göran Larsson Visa inlägg
    The differences depends on the model year and options of the Aero V6 but some differenses are
    * The "turbo" gauge with the retro style.
    * The customizable SID welcome message.
    * The end tubes of the exhaust.
    * The rear diffuser.
    * The lower front spoiler lip.
    * The Turbo X badges.
    * Less torgue limiting on lower gears.
    * Can't tow a trailer.

Other differences are
    * Ultra sport chassis standard, option on Aero V6.
    * eLSD standard, option on Aero V6.

The "titanium" (instead of chrome), steering Wheel et.c. was unique to the Turbo X in 2008 but was available in the TX package during later model years.

The Aero V6 XWD from 2010 with the TX package, eLSD and ultra sport chassis is very Close to the Turbo X (except the items in the first list) but is more rare than the Turbo X. The Turbo X was only made as model year 2008 and only 175 was intended for the Swedish market. Only 150 Aero V6 XWD was made as model year 2010 (and only for the Swedish market).

Btw, it's XWD, not AWD.

Hmmmm Thanks for the info, much appreciated. It´s a jungle. Yep XWD and not AWD!! sorry! :-)

- - - Uppdaterad - - -

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Fredrik / 1941 Visa inlägg
    As we have seen it is possible to install the Turbo-X engine ECU-software without tourq limiter in a V6 non Turbo-X, like MicEE did a few weeks ago. It is also possible to get the welcome message.

It is possible to tune a B284 V6 engine. But there are things to consider like better Intercooler, air intake, exhaust & so...

Some tuners that have upgraded V6 software
    http://www.maptun.se/tuningGuide.php...&listorder=126
    http://www.vtunerperformance.com/?page_id=14
    http://www.jzwbmwtuning.com/product-...saab-products/

The Hirsch Performance V6 upgrade kit for B284R/280, is unfortunately not produced any more.

Btw, use 9-3 & 9-5 instead og 93 & 95 , when discussing the modern SAAB models
    ok 9-3 and 9-5 is it! :-)

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jul 2013
    Well i´ve decided that i will stick to a 9-5, the Turbo X was a real nice car, but i feel that i don´t really need to go sideways, more fast forward.

Call me an idiot but i´ve just gone through all the papers and the receipts and found out something new about my car! ha ha ha i´m killing myself here!!

I´ve found receipts from 2011 which add up to 53000skr, SBR Flow something, maptun stage 2, program upgrade/updated?? new clutch, spark plugs for 700kr and the list goes on!!

That might explain why i didn´t think that the Turbo X wasn´t that quick. uuuuuuuuuppppppsssss!

As i´ve said I´m NO Saab expert, just someone who´s becoming a bit of a Saab freak.

Citat Ursprungligen postat av spender Visa inlägg
    That might explain why i didn´t think that the Turbo X wasn´t that quick. uuuuuuuuuppppppsssss!
    Maptun stage 2 is 270 hp compared to 280 hp for the Turbo X, but with more drive train losses in XWD.
    You can get 340 hp for the Turbo X from Maptun to restore the difference ... :-)
    Saab 9³ SC Aero V6 TX XWD eLSD 2010 Hirsch eSID (som Turbo X men lite bättre och lite ovanligare)

Liknande ämnen

1. Inköp av saab 93 aero steg 3!?
    Av Miami i forum Verkstäder, försäkringar och köpråd
    Svar: 2
    Senaste inlägg: 2009-04-08, 20:56

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •