Sidan 4 av 7 FörstaFörsta ... 23456 ... SistaSista
Resultat 61 till 80 av 121

Ämne: ICM3 - hackingtråden

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    maj 2014
    Convert from anything ;-) SDAL specification is freely available. I can upload it if you want.
    I always use Google navigation so I'd like to use it on ICM too, but who knows...

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    maj 2014
    How about built-in video input in place of navigation? In my older unit this needed only activation.

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    Hm, did you get a new menu option or did it replace Navi or did you have to "hack" the GUI to start it (except from CLI)?

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    maj 2014
    I have disabled Navigation. Then you start binary phantomnav - navigation option is activated and entering this displays standard warning and then black screen (video in). Connecting video signal and here we are ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vu4nuvIndU

the unit on this video does not have all of the plastics so leds are visible.

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    Sexy. Still, you don't get the sid-nav-hints of you're not using the built in navi. Better than nothing. Great find

9-3 NG aero
    OG-900 (Såld)

Steg 1 cactuzs avatar
    Reg.datum
    maj 2011
    Medlem#
    bojer: is it possible to get some better pictures of where you have connected to get video-input on the ICM3?
    (I haven't had a look at mine yet for when it's from but first I would like to know what to look for because that you did there with the RAspberry Pi was pretty cool and good enough for what I would like to do with mine)
    Saab 9-3 SS 2,0t -05 - ///Mackanized BioPower - projekttråden
    Saab 9-3 SS Aero -05 - ///Mackanized BioPower
    Saab 9-3 CV Aero -05 - ///Mackanized BioPower

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    maj 2014
    It's this round connector here:
    http://mightytext.net/zUJeU
    http://shop.avw-autoverwertung.de/im...es/30077_4.jpg

Pin number 2 is composite in, 1,4 and 8 are RGB - I have not checked if there are any sync lines in rgb mode as composite seems nicer at this moment.
    So I "connected" just one wire ;-)

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    I don't remember that connector, is it really present on all versions of ICM3?

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    maj 2014
    No, not all of the unit have this. I suspect only older 2003 units to have this, but it's worth checking which ones have this ;-)

Steg 1 cactuzs avatar
    Reg.datum
    maj 2011
    Medlem#
    OK, I probably don't have that connector on mine since I didn't see that when I switched out my ICM2 (and curious by nature I think I would have remembered seeing a connector that I didn't connect).

Question is though if there is a header still present on the PCB for this connector in newer units, would be interesting to know where the connector "connects" inside

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    maj 2014
    On my other unit there're places for missing parts. I have taken photos:
    http://mightytext.net/zl7z6
    http://mightytext.net/zJNGh

Missing IC is SAA7118 (video chip)

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    Ok, it's not just the connector that is missing, rather the entire logic to get video input. Hm, that means that older ICM3 will be sought after
    Question is though, is it possible to use a 2003 ICM3 in a 2006 car?

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    maj 2014
    > is it possible to use a 2003 ICM3 in a 2006 car

Yes. Unit have to be Tech2 programmed to car to get all functionality and service information. I have MY2005 and 2003 unit worked ok ;-)

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    If I recall right, the buttons look somewhat different on earlier (like, the phone-button is a picture of a phone) and is the AVR available on the older ones?

Steg 1 cactuzs avatar
    Reg.datum
    maj 2011
    Medlem#
    Early ICM3's seems to have a phone-symbol where on newer there instead is a button with the text "NAV".
    But not all with the phone-symbol has the video input (as from what I can see on pictures found out there on the web).

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    maj 2014
    I have seen older unit without AVR. My old unit (with video-in) also misses avr files.
    I have seen one unit with "phone" button and video connector so I guess that looking at buttons may be misleading.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    maj 2014
    As for me I changed my plans a bit and as far as Video input goes I plan to build module to work between ICM and LCD. Waiting for parts arrival. No update on ICM internals, working on hacking SID communication.

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •