Lots of binaries and libraries from QNX 6.1 for SHLE. Should fit ICM:
    http://z90.pl/saab/qnx.zip
    Among them is qtalk
    Senast redigerat av bojer den 2015-03-10 klockan 13:55. Anledning: url fix

Steg 3 henrikgs avatar
    Reg.datum
    dec 2004
    Medlem#
    Great work so far! I like what you are doing I have investigated a little more regarding the video-in connector and it was intended to be used as auxiliary navigation system in Japan, and so far everything points to that if the ICM3 is configured to be "Japan" market and has Navigation enabled it should use RGB-input instead of the built-in when selecting the Navigation-menu. Sad thing of choosing Japan is that the Radio does not support RDS and they probably use same crappy frequency jumps as US..

I have no way of verifying if it was ever used on Japan market (maybe they disabled navigation all completely, or they use the normal system).

//Henrik
    900 Aero -88
    900 Aero -85
    9-3 Aero SS Hirsch -04
    9-3 Aero SC BioPower Hirsch -09

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    maj 2014
    I will check on next ocasion if theory about setting japanese region will activate this input.
    As far as RDS goes - re-adding EHU should solve this?

Steg 3 henrikgs avatar
    Reg.datum
    dec 2004
    Medlem#
    ICM is responsible for printing it on the SID so I guess it's that's part that could be affected. And EHU is a slave to ICM so I think the frequency spacing is controlled from a ICM setting.

I have a ICM3 with video input also and will also try changing the region whenever I have the time. I don't have any video input signal though, but should get a black screen in that case?

/Henrik
    Senast redigerat av Moderator den 2022-12-15 klockan 23:17. Anledning: Ingen idé att citera hela texten när inlägget kommer direkt efter det som citeras

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    maj 2014
    Yes, entering Navigation will show warning with "ok" and next black screen.

Steg 1 cactuzs avatar
    Reg.datum
    maj 2011
    Medlem#
    Replaced my ICM3 with the new one with video input today, did the reprogramming and just selected Japan as country during the process, let the Radio-selection still be EU and selected Swedish as the Language to use.
    All my pre-programmed radio-stations are still there, RDS worked fine as well and when I select navigation I get the warning and then a black screen.
    Tomorrow I'll see if I can sort out a video-source (I'll try with my Raspberry Pi and see how that works).
    I did notice a stuck green pixel then, so maybe I'll swap over the screen from my other ICM3 to remedy that if I can find the time.

So far so great
    Saab 9-3 SS 2,0t -05 - ///Mackanized BioPower - projekttråden
    Saab 9-3 SS Aero -05 - ///Mackanized BioPower
    Saab 9-3 CV Aero -05 - ///Mackanized BioPower

Steg 3 henrikgs avatar
    Reg.datum
    dec 2004
    Medlem#
    Nice! I enabled Navigation on my unit but i can still not select "Navigation" on the screen, its grayed out.. Maybe i need something more when testing on the desk..
    900 Aero -88
    900 Aero -85
    9-3 Aero SS Hirsch -04
    9-3 Aero SC BioPower Hirsch -09

Steg 1 cactuzs avatar
    Reg.datum
    maj 2011
    Medlem#
    There was an option when programming it to just have it "Prepared for GPS Navigation", which I tried first but it didn't enable the Navigation-option in the menu so I really don't know what that was good for. But selecting "With" for the navigation option worked fine (with the other options I mentioned in the previous post).

IMG_20150428_214921.jpg
    Saab 9-3 SS 2,0t -05 - ///Mackanized BioPower - projekttråden
    Saab 9-3 SS Aero -05 - ///Mackanized BioPower
    Saab 9-3 CV Aero -05 - ///Mackanized BioPower

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    dec 2014
    Medlem#
    -
    My ICM3 has the video input, but lacks GPRS support due to old software (I need it on order to access ICM files with method as described by Bojer). I will need to SPS upgrade VIP and OCP modules in order to get these features. The issue is no-one has the TIS2000 ICM3 upgrade cd (needed for ocp because TECH II cannot handle the firmware size). The latest for my ICM is "Edition 2003-3" with any of the following software P/N

a. 12804928
    b. 12802391
    c. 12802399
    d. 12801704
    e. 12804930
    f. 12801704

Any help for any of the above CD'S would be appreciated.

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    My workshop is authorized SAAB and has managed to get hold of:
    TIS2000-ICM3
    Edition 2004-2
    SW Part No.
    12801704 (MY 2003-04)
    12761286 (MY 2005)

Initally I wanted AVR in my car, and this is what SAAB send. I don't think that will work as the AVR is in the EHU, but I like this CD a lot anyways

My car is 2006 though, so I'm not sure this will do anything for my ICM.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    maj 2014
    Part of AVR is in ICM and microphone is connected to CU/PU. Unit with AVR have voice files inside ICM and binary for this. It would be great if you could share contents of this cd. If you compress files (zip, rar, etc) it should not be large upload.

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    Somehow, I'm pretty sure that the CDs could "leak" somewhere. I'll make complete ISOs of the discs so that nothing gets lost.

Interesting. So, maybe, just maybe, I might get AVR to work using this CD? At least that's what SAAB/ORIO says, but I was sceptical. I'll get back with findings!

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    For anyone interested, upgrading to full AVR was easily done with the aforementioned CD. I'm now enjoying long and interesting conversations with the nice lady. Does she have a name? I mean, Apple's got Siri and Microsoft Cortana.
    Perhaps we should call her Maud

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jun 2015
    Jag hittade en ICM3 nu när jag städade. Ingen aning om den är "utgift" med Tech-II dock, är den "bokstöd" då?
    Även den har Video-input. Det intressanta är att den eventuellt kan sitta på custom mjukvara då den har varit med i ett forskningsprojekt en gång i tiden... Finns något schema för att se hur jag matar den med ström?
    Senast redigerat av ulflun den 2016-03-19 klockan 13:44.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    jul 2009
    Do you need all the other stuff around if you want to upgrade to ICM3? I currently have ICM1 now and would like to get ICM3, but don't need the GPS, can I just get ICM3 or do I need the other two "boxes" as well?

Also, is there any way to activate AUX through terminal, or is TECH 2 still needed? Not sure if you program in the EHU or ICM for that(?).
    Bygger ut AS2 ljudet på min Saab 9-3 -98 här.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    maj 2014
    You can just swap ICMs, but keep in mind there's car equipment stored so if you have for example auto wipers and icm3 car does not - the function will disapear in your car ;-)
    I have not found a way to change this configuration via terminal so I can't enable AUX via terminal. AUX is enabled in ICM so if ICM3 car had AUX - it will be active in your car.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    dec 2022
    Medlem#
    -
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av bollman Visa inlägg
    Somehow, I'm pretty sure that the CDs could "leak" somewhere. I'll make complete ISOs of the discs so that nothing gets lost.

Interesting. So, maybe, just maybe, I might get AVR to work using this CD? At least that's what SAAB/ORIO says, but I was sceptical. I'll get back with findings!
    Bollman do you still have these icm3 CDs?

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    Hm, I might, I'll have a check.
    I also have a working ICM3 in the garage. The buttons look like shite, but it was working when I pulled it.

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    dec 2022
    Medlem#
    -
    Bollman do you still have these cds?

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003
    I thought so, but I can't find it. At least not where I thought I had it. I'll keep looking, you're doing the right thing to remind me every now and then!

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •