Resultat 1 till 5 av 5

Ämne: Problems with my 900 turbo -97

Problems with my 900 turbo -97

Greetings from Finland! I bought a Saab 900 turbo on tuesday and now I'm having some troubles with it. Firstly the clutch slides if I accelerate heavily. The clutch is under 6 months old and it consists of Viggen pressure plate and and the clutch disc is bought from Speedparts: Carbonlamell. The car is tuned up a bit but I think the clutch should be able to handle the power (max 400hp)? The previous clutch was Spec stage 3+ if I remember correctly and it also started to slide. Could these clutch problems be caused by the lightened flywheel? The clucth has been modified to hydraulic.

The second problem occurred today. I was leaving to school and drove from yard to the street (maybe 30 meters). First the car worked okay, but when I tried to accelerate on the street the engine almost stopped. I stopped the car and the engine was idling just fine. But when I stepped on the gas the engine almost stopped again. The I stopped the engine and started again and the problem was gone. What could be the problem?

Steg 1 Purexs avatar
    Reg.datum
    jul 2007
    Medlem#

Re: Problems with my 900 turbo -97

How much power under the Hood do you have?
    The clutch doesnt count in horsepower, its torque!
    Spec3 is a good clutch if you have spec pressureplate!
    Otherwise With standard plate, think its 550nm torque,
    Viggen plate and carbonclutch should be about the same if i remember correct!

About the engine problems i dont have a clue yet!!!
    Seat Tarraco 2.0T -19,Saab 9000 A50 2.3T 98a SQR, Robin Hood(Super 7) Saab 2.0T5, Saab OG9-3 Aero, XT1200ZE, Flipper 620, Hobby 720kfu.
    Medlem #6850

The torque is definately under 500Nm, maybe 450Nm.

Steg 1 Purexs avatar
    Reg.datum
    jul 2007
    Medlem#

U clearly have some transmission issues, might be the wheel thats not correctly grined for 100% fit of the clutch, if the wheel is abit uneven the clutch does not have 100% touch its torque goes down very much !could easely go down to 400nm of Max pressure!
    So its demands PRO machines to mount à clutch correct, and all the clutch springs should tightend With a special tools wich mesures Max clutch performance!

It should be done by a good mechanic with correct tools and machines or it might happen what u experience!

Still doesent have à clue about the engine issues, could be fuel delivery issue, or ignitionbox at the motor head!
    It should be à red box at the top of the engine with a plug with cables to the right!
    If the box did have a temporary issue it might coused your failure cause of loss ignition at full throttle!

If the issue appare again, look for à friend with same motorfamily, Saab 9000 and 900 fr.o.m. 94-98! All have the same red ignitionbox, try another and if thats solved ur problem, buy a new!
    Seat Tarraco 2.0T -19,Saab 9000 A50 2.3T 98a SQR, Robin Hood(Super 7) Saab 2.0T5, Saab OG9-3 Aero, XT1200ZE, Flipper 620, Hobby 720kfu.
    Medlem #6850

Hello again! I installed a new clutch but the car won't still work properly. Then I noticed that there is supposed to be a 4mm washer between the gearbox and the slave cylinder (F28 gearbox). Picture of the washer: http://www.garaget.org/mypage/galler...9&image=503351

Can anyone tell me the dimensions for the washer?

Liknande ämnen

1. Big problems med 9-5 2,3t
    Av henkesthlm i forum Chassi, bromsar och transmission
    Svar: 3
    Senaste inlägg: 2011-11-18, 22:39
  2. Tempgivare problems vid motorbyte 9k 94 -->95+
    Av TurboVulc i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 14
    Senaste inlägg: 2008-09-17, 23:55
  3. Problems med justerbara AVO stötdämpare
    Av David V i forum Chassi, bromsar och transmission
    Svar: 10