Resultat 1 till 6 av 6

Ämne: Hej från Alaska!

Sugmotor
    Reg.datum
    apr 2011

Hej från Alaska!

Hello from Alaska (yes, All Ash in Swedish!).

I'm the second owner of a 95 900 SE Turbo, I bought it last year with 53.000 km (33,000 miles in the US). The car was near new and so beautiful I had to have it. I love driving it so much that it now has 74.000 km!

This SAAB has lived all its life here in Alaska, with climate similar to its home country, so I guess it feels at home here.

Enough talk, here are some pics:

First day at my home, July 2010:

Snabb och snygg, I was told...

I love modifying my cars (also have a Jeep Wrangler that is lifted for off roading), so I soon put a SAAB Sport exhaust system, a larger rear anti-roll bar, steering brace, and a manual boost controller on it. I spend a lot of time in my weekend either driving the SAAB, or washing, waxing and cleaning it...

Well, the car endured our severe winter pretty well, wearing Gislaved Nord Frost tires, braving snow, ice and extreme cold (we had a few days of -40 degrees this winter).

Now after the winter I feel the front suspension is a bit loose, and the front axles. I have ordered all the required parts: tie-rod ends and screws, polyurethane bushings, control arms, axles, Vogtland lowering springs and Koni adjustable shocks. I am just awaiting the delivery of the Koni shocks and control arms, and soon I'll be installing all that stuff...

I also recently installed new summer tires, General Exclaim UHP in original 205/50-16 size, on Rial Milano Titanium Gunmetal 16" wheels:

For the future I plan on tinting the windows, removing the chrome strips on the bumpers, installing a bigger intercooler, Speedparts cold air intake, Stage 2 ECU, TD04-15 turbo and bigger downpipe.

I am looking to have a real nice daily driver that can move fast when my right foot gets heavy (which is often...!)

Well, I'd just like to say Hej då! I love my Swedish car, and I am currently studying Swedish (for professional reasons), please bear with me if I try to write in Swedish... Jag är en nybörjare student av svenska språket, ber jag om ursäkt för mitt misstag!

Tack!

Jag glömde, här är min hemsida om min SAAB: https://sites.google.com/site/pierecksaab/home/
    900 SE Turbo -96
    Snabb och snygg

Helt original
    Reg.datum
    jul 2006

Re: Hej från Alaska!

Welcome to the Saab dungeon!

Seems to be a nice example you've manage to get your hands on over there (across the pond) although I can't really say that I like the new rims you've put on your car but otherwise keep it up and I'm positive you'll enjoy driving around in it even more as soon as you have installed new shocks and springs.

This particular model is quite infamous for the poor handling delivered by the factory, although changing the shocks and springs will for sure take care of that problem.

Good luck and keep going with that heavy right foot of yours

Regards
    Markus
    Saab 9000cc T16 -85, OG 900 T8, NG900 2.0T x2, Saab 9000 2.3T -96, Saab 9000 A50 2.3T, Saab 9000 Aero -96, 9-3 Viggen -99 - SÅLD, 9000cc T16 Airflow - Evighetsprojekt.

Steg 1 Purexs avatar
    Reg.datum
    jul 2007
    Medlem#

Welcome!

and your swedish is allright!
    Seat Tarraco 2.0T -19,Saab 9000 A50 2.3T 98a SQR, Robin Hood(Super 7) Saab 2.0T5, Saab OG9-3 Aero, XT1200ZE, Flipper 620, Hobby 720kfu.
    Medlem #6850

Emeritus
    Reg.datum
    okt 2003

Nice car!

If you want performance and reliability, get rid of the MBC now! Get a proper stage and sleep well at night. Using an MBC on a saab can be a very bad thing since it no longer has it's APC system intact. In case of knock, the Trionic system can't lower the boost to less than you've set the MBC to (in fact, it can't lower boost at all), which means the system can only work with more fuel and the ignition. Chances are, the injectors might be unable to give more fuel, which leaves only ignition to change, and that might not be enough to save the engine from a molten piston.

And, please change your avatar, we do not approve of animated avatars

Good luck with your SAAB!

Helt original
    Reg.datum
    aug 2010
    Medlem#

En helt orörd lågmila NG900 Turbo Coupe skulle man verkligen vilja äga asså!! Lycka till med den iallafall

An untouched lowmileage NG900 Turbo Coupe would be a big dream to own!! Good luck with it
    Bilar:
    1x og900 T16 sedan 1984, 1x 900 LUX sedan 46000 mil(sommarbil)
    1x 9-3 Aero 2014 snart 1500 mil(sommarbil)
    2x 9-5: 1x ng9-5 Aero 2011 Mackan steg3(sommarbrukis), 1x og9-5 SC (vinterbil)

Hi there!

It's a really nice car you've got there, i visited you're website and I'm amazed A NG900 in that knick is hard to find here, even though they were built here

Liknande ämnen

1. Svar: 3
    Senaste inlägg: 2009-06-04, 12:04
  2. Downpipen är ju bara ca 10cm från slangen från IC. Hett !
    Av negative i forum Motor och motorstyrning
    Svar: 1
    Senaste inlägg: 2007-06-02, 00:36
  3. [LÖST] Passar og900 vxl-låda från -90 på motor från -89
    Av razmataz i forum Chassi, bromsar och transmission
    Svar: 1
    Senaste inlägg: 2006-09-05, 23:02

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg